Front Row: This song cannot be played.

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Front Row: This song cannot be played.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    hsorbo
    Participant

Front Row is giving me this error “This song cannot be played.” on every song on a daap-share accessing it via Artist / Album. When acessing the same songs via Playlists the songs play just fine. Within iTunes all songs also play just fine. Furthermore it’s the same behavious on both my macs.

Am I the only one having this issue?
    I’m using the latest svn-snapshot.

– Håvard[/code]

rpedde
    Participant

@hsorbo wrote:

Front Row is giving me this error “This song cannot be played.” on every song on a daap-share accessing it via Artist / Album. When acessing the same songs via Playlists the songs play just fine. Within iTunes all songs also play just fine. Furthermore it’s the same behavious on both my macs.

Am I the only one having this issue?
    I’m using the latest svn-snapshot.

– Håvard[/code]

Nope, there is some breakage with FronRow. Not sure why, exactly, as it works fine with iTunes and FrontRow appears to drive iTunes, so I’m not sure why it doesn’t work. :/

risimmonsuk
    Participant

Just got myself a mac mini and discovered this issue when playing with front row. Don’t suppose there’s been any progress on this – I’m running a nightly build around 1313 (I forget exactly which one) on a buffalo linkstation. Is upgrading to a later nightly likely to make any difference here?

iTunes 7 can get the music fine and frontrow then displays the correct thing in the now playing screen. but navigating to a song directly in front row always fails.

Not too worried by this as the mac mini is supposed to be a web/database server machine rather than a music player, but would be nice if it did work.

rpedde
    Participant

@risimmonsuk wrote:

Just got myself a mac mini and discovered this issue when playing with front row. Don’t suppose there’s been any progress on this – I’m running a nightly build around 1313 (I forget exactly which one) on a buffalo linkstation. Is upgrading to a later nightly likely to make any difference here?

iTunes 7 can get the music fine and frontrow then displays the correct thing in the now playing screen. but navigating to a song directly in front row always fails.

Not too worried by this as the mac mini is supposed to be a web/database server machine rather than a music player, but would be nice if it did work.

Yes. And I want to get it working before iTV ships, as I imagine it will be similarly broken. So no, no progress, but yes, I want to make some.

— Ron

hsorbo
    Participant

Front Row/mt-daapd works with iTunes 7.1 (59).
    The one just released. *HAPPY*

rpedde
    Participant

@hsorbo wrote:

heh. 🙂

hsorbo
    Participant

Not with songs transcoded to wav though. I would love to se the ability to transcode to mp3 (or aac or alac). Wav is so heavy on the internet connection.

risimmonsuk
    Participant

@hsorbo wrote:

Cool – will try updating iTunes 🙂

rpedde
    Participant

@risimmonsuk wrote:

@hsorbo wrote:

Wonder when the heck apple started *increasing* interoperability. Seems like they’ve thus far gone out of their way to *break* stuff from other people. This is a pleasant surprise. 🙂

— Ron

risimmonsuk
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

@risimmonsuk wrote:

@hsorbo wrote:

Wonder when the heck apple started *increasing* interoperability. Seems like they’ve thus far gone out of their way to *break* stuff from other people. This is a pleasant surprise. 🙂

— Ron

Indeed – seems to work very nicely now. Maybe it wasn’t working with iTunes servers correctly either?

Now all I need is an iPhoto server for my NAS and I’ll be sorted 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.