FreeNAS

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mplotsker

Anyone familiar with this free nas project? i believe it is based on some bsd kernal (freebsd of netbsd i think) Any chance of mt-daapd working on this? It seems like a great fit;
    low cost pc hardware
    multi-protocol file sharing
    ability to run on 16+mb of flash
    low memory requirements
    just add your own HD

michael

rpedde
    Participant

@mplotsker wrote:

Anyone familiar with this free nas project? i believe it is based on some bsd kernal (freebsd of netbsd i think) Any chance of mt-daapd working on this? It seems like a great fit;
    low cost pc hardware
    multi-protocol file sharing
    ability to run on 16+mb of flash
    low memory requirements
    just add your own HD

michael

No question it would work. Just a matter of compiling a freebsd version (or whatever it is) and running it on the box.

It isn’t something I’d be interested in building, as it’s not an itch I have. If someone were to provide packages, I’d certainly host them for the community.

jlboers

This is something I am currently looking into. Has anyone made freebsd 6 packages yet?

I have a spare epia 533 MHz board laying around that I want to amke into an itunes server and freenas seems to be the best fit. I tried with naslite but was unable to do it. (they are however contemplating on adding this feature to their product)

anyone with a freebsd 6 box feel like making some packages? ๐Ÿ™‚ PLEASE! ๐Ÿ˜€

bernt
    Participant

It would be really nice with a Firefly plugin for FreeNAS.

There is one for Slimserver. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Kind Regards
    /Bernt

kormsbee

There may be a problem loading Firefly on FreeNAS. Everytime I have compiled something and saved it into bin or sbin, upon reboot POOF!! its all gone.

sdaniels

Are you running off LiveCD or USB?

I run off USB stick and same issue.

jstoddard

this may be old info, but have you seen this?

http://www.m1dst.co.uk/Default.aspx?Page=FreeNAS%20with%20iTunes%20(mt-daapd)&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1
    (watch the line break when copying the URL)

He’s got 0.2.4 mt-daapd running on FreeNAS. It would be great to update this to the latest Firefly but I certainly don’t have the skills. Perhaps the author of this could help?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.