You are here: Home » Topic » freebsd and mt-daapd-svn-1696

freebsd and mt-daapd-svn-1696

This topic contains 19 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #2016

    Anonymous

    I’ve found no tutorials for freebsd, so tried just to
    ./configure; make; make install
    as it’s notised in the readme file. So ./configure does something, then I try the make command:

    make: no target to make.
    make: don’t know how to make install. Stop

    uname -a
    FreeBSD 7.0-BETA4 FreeBSD 7.0-BETA4 #0: Sun Dec 2 19:19:04 UTC 2007 [email protected]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC i386

    I’ve missed smth?

    #15083

    rpedde
    Participant

    @hryamzik wrote:

    I’ve found no tutorials for freebsd, so tried just to
    ./configure; make; make install
    as it’s notised in the readme file. So ./configure does something, then I try the make command:

    make: no target to make.
    make: don’t know how to make install. Stop

    uname -a
    FreeBSD 7.0-BETA4 FreeBSD 7.0-BETA4 #0: Sun Dec 2 19:19:04 UTC 2007 [email protected]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC i386

    I’ve missed smth?

    What’s the last thing configure says? Likely something like:

    “you must configure with either –enable-sqlite or –enable-sqlite3”.

    You’ll need to install either sqlite2 or sqlite3 (your choice) including development libs, and then re-do the configure with –enable-sqlite or –enable-sqlite3 (depengind on which you chose).

    I think fbsd installs ports to /usr/local, right? If so, then you’ll also need to use:

    –with-sqlite-libs=/usr/local/lib and –with-sqlite-includes=/usr/local/include

    That should probably get you going, although I think someone noted some issues with sigpipe on freebsd. Try it and see.

    — Ron

    #15084

    Anonymous

    Thanks, it works, the next are configs, but I’ve no time for the problem now> πŸ™

    #15085

    Anonymous

    from FAQ for netbsd:

    cd /usr/lib
    sudo ln -s /usr/pkg/lib/libgdbm.so.3 libgdbm.so.3
    sudo ln -s /usr/pkg/lib/libid3tag.so.0 libid3tag.so.0

    web_root /usr/local/share/mt-daapd/admin-root

    For ubuntu:

    Copy mt-daapd.conf from the src contrib directory
    cp /opt/src/mt-daapd[version]/contrib/mt-daapd.conf /usr/local/etc/
    sudo nano /usr/local/etc/mt-daapd.conf
    Change web_root variable to read /usr/local/share/mt-daapd/admin-root
    Change other variables as needed.
    Make sure to create the mp3 directory and put some mp3 files in there.

    Well. I do not undestand all of these steps, so I’ve just tried to find some config in my system:
    # locate daap

    Copied /usr/ports/audio/daapd/work/daapd-0.2.4b/daapd-example.conf to /usr/local/etc/mt-daapd.conf and edited:

    Port            3689
    ServerName daapd server
    DBName daapd server
    Password s0mep4ssw0rd
    Root /..../music
    Cache /var/db/daapd.cache
    Timescan 2
    RescanInterval 60
    # mt-daapd
    Error reading config file (/usr/local/etc/mt-daapd.conf)
    #15086

    Anonymous

    Found
    http://wiki.fireflymediaserver.org/FreeBSD_Install

    2007-12-16 01:42:03 (28401100): Firefly Version svn-1696: Starting with debuglevel 2
    2007-12-16 01:42:03 (28401100): Error opening plugin dir /usr/lib/firefly/plugins. Ignoring
    2007-12-16 01:42:03 (28401100): Error opening plugin dir /usr/lib/mt-daapd/plugins. Ignoring
    2007-12-16 01:42:03 (28401100): Error opening plugin dir /lib/mt-daapd/plugins. Ignoring
    2007-12-16 01:42:03 (28401100): Error opening plugin dir /lib/mt-daapd/plugins. Ignoring
    2007-12-16 01:42:03 (28401100): Error opening plugin dir /opt/share/firefly/plugins. Ignoring
    2007-12-16 01:42:03 (28401100): Error opening plugin dir /opt/share/mt-daapd/plugins. Ignoring
    2007-12-16 01:42:03 (28401100): Error opening plugin dir /opt/lib/firefly/plugins. Ignoring
    2007-12-16 01:42:03 (28401100): Error opening plugin dir /opt/lib/mt-daapd/plugins. Ignoring
    2007-12-16 01:42:03 (28401100): Error opening plugin dir plugins/.libs. Ignoring
    2007-12-16 01:42:03 (28401100): plugins/plugin_dir not specified
    2007-12-16 01:42:03: Aborting

    Tried to put “plugin” or “plugins” to conf, nothing changed. Ok.
    mkdir /usr/lib/mt-daapd/plugins

    But nothing changes…

    UPD

    plugin_dir /usr/local/var/mt-daapd/plugins

    # mt-daapd
    plugins/plugin_dir not specified
    Aborting

    #15087

    Osik
    Participant

    hi hryamzik,

    get rid of the old config file from mt-daapd from the ports. ron changed some paths and other stuff. i recommend using the mt-daapd build from svn 1696. i’ve compiled it on freebsd 7.0 beta2 x64. it works perfectly. i dont know, but on x64 i have to link the libs for myself. maybe you have to do this on x86 too.

    here is a little step by step howto which worked for me.

    get the nightly sources and untar them. id3tag have to be installed. (you’ll find them in the ports). Next you can configure the sources by

    sh configure –enable-sqlite3 –with-id3tag=/usr/local

    this should do it without errors. next you can do a

    make

    and a

    sudo make install

    if thats done you have to link the libs using “ln -s”. you will find them in /usr/local/lib/mt-daapd/plugins

    libout-daap.so -> libout-daap.so.0.0
    librsp.so -> librsp.so.0.0
    libssc-script.so -> libssc-script.so.0.0

    if thats done just edit the mt-daapd.conf in /usr/local/etc to your use and start mt-daapd. if you didn’t build mt-daapd from ports before which i recommend there is no startscript in rc.d. just start mt-daapd from commandline without specific options.

    Greetz

    Osik

    #15088

    Anonymous

    No messages in comandline, but in logs…

    tail -f /var/logs/all.log

    2008-01-08 19:47:30 (28401100): Firefly Version svn-1696: Starting with debuglevel 2
    2008-01-08 19:47:30 (28401100): Error opening plugin dir /usr/lib/firefly/plugins. Ignoring
    2008-01-08 19:47:30 (28401100): Error opening plugin dir /lib/mt-daapd/plugins. Ignoring
    2008-01-08 19:47:30 (28401100): Error opening plugin dir /lib/mt-daapd/plugins. Ignoring
    2008-01-08 19:47:30 (28401100): Error loading plugin /usr/local/lib/mt-daapd/plugins/libssc-script.so: plugin declined to load
    2008-01-08 19:47:30 (28401100): Plugin loaded: rsp/svn-1696
    2008-01-08 19:47:30 (28401100): Plugin loaded: daap/svn-1696
    2008-01-08 19:47:30 (28401100): Starting rendezvous daemon
    2008-01-08 19:47:30 (28401100): Starting signal handler
    2008-01-08 19:47:30 (28401100): Error in drop_privs: Invalid argument
    2008-01-08 19:47:30: Aborting

    I’m going to google, will post if I’ll find smth

    #15089

    Osik
    Participant

    hi

    this could be a problem with permission. did you check if the plugins exist at this path?

    maybe ron could tell us more about this error.

    the only thing google found was the main.c file (line 217) from the firefly trunk.

    greetz

    Osik

    #15090

    Anonymous

    When there were problems with plugins, it was notesed in command line, smth like “plugin folder not found”. Now nothing is said after mt-daap command. Only that logs.

    #15091

    rpedde
    Participant

    @hryamzik wrote:

    When there were problems with plugins, it was notesed in command line, smth like “plugin folder not found”. Now nothing is said after mt-daap command. Only that logs.

    Check the config option you have for the “runas” user. Likely it’s a username that doesn’t exist on your system.

    — Ron

    #15092

    Anonymous

    Damn! So ented root for the test time πŸ™‚

    [[email protected] /usr/local/www/privat/torrent/downloads]# ps -axww | grep mt
    52506 p1 S+ 0:00.00 grep mt
    39114 p2 I+ 0:00.01 tail -f /var/log/mt-daapd.log

    2008-01-10 15:28:24 (28401100): Firefly Version svn-1696: Starting with debuglevel 2
    2008-01-10 15:28:24 (28401100): Error opening plugin dir /usr/lib/firefly/plugins. Ignoring
    2008-01-10 15:28:24 (28401100): Error opening plugin dir /lib/mt-daapd/plugins. Ignoring
    2008-01-10 15:28:24 (28401100): Error opening plugin dir /lib/mt-daapd/plugins. Ignoring
    2008-01-10 15:28:24 (28401100): Error loading plugin /usr/local/lib/mt-daapd/plugins/libssc-script.so: plugin declined to load
    2008-01-10 15:28:24 (28401100): Plugin loaded: rsp/svn-1696
    2008-01-10 15:28:24 (28401100): Plugin loaded: daap/svn-1696
    2008-01-10 15:28:24 (28401100): Starting rendezvous daemon
    2008-01-10 15:28:24 (28401100): Starting signal handler
    2008-01-10 15:28:24 (28401100): db_sqlite3_open: Misc SQL Error: unable to open database file (/var/cache/mt-daapd/songs3.db)
    2008-01-10 15:28:24 (28401100): Error opening db: Misc SQL Error: unable to open database file

    Well, mysql works fine, maybe I need to config sqlite… Somehow…

    ps: thanks a lot for supporting me 8)

    #15093

    rpedde
    Participant

    @hryamzik wrote:

    Damn! So ented root for the test time πŸ™‚

    [[email protected] /usr/local/www/privat/torrent/downloads]# ps -axww | grep mt
    52506 p1 S+ 0:00.00 grep mt
    39114 p2 I+ 0:00.01 tail -f /var/log/mt-daapd.log

    2008-01-10 15:28:24 (28401100): Firefly Version svn-1696: Starting with debuglevel 2
    2008-01-10 15:28:24 (28401100): Error opening plugin dir /usr/lib/firefly/plugins. Ignoring
    2008-01-10 15:28:24 (28401100): Error opening plugin dir /lib/mt-daapd/plugins. Ignoring
    2008-01-10 15:28:24 (28401100): Error opening plugin dir /lib/mt-daapd/plugins. Ignoring
    2008-01-10 15:28:24 (28401100): Error loading plugin /usr/local/lib/mt-daapd/plugins/libssc-script.so: plugin declined to load
    2008-01-10 15:28:24 (28401100): Plugin loaded: rsp/svn-1696
    2008-01-10 15:28:24 (28401100): Plugin loaded: daap/svn-1696
    2008-01-10 15:28:24 (28401100): Starting rendezvous daemon
    2008-01-10 15:28:24 (28401100): Starting signal handler
    2008-01-10 15:28:24 (28401100): db_sqlite3_open: Misc SQL Error: unable to open database file (/var/cache/mt-daapd/songs3.db)
    2008-01-10 15:28:24 (28401100): Error opening db: Misc SQL Error: unable to open database file

    Well, mysql works fine, maybe I need to config sqlite… Somehow…

    ps: thanks a lot for supporting me 8)

    try:

    mkdir /var/cache/mt-daapd

    — Ron

    #15094

    Osik
    Participant

    hi on freebsd its not

    /var/cache/mt-daapd/

    but

    /usr/local/var/cache/mt-daapd/

    thats the path firefly creates when i installed it. there should the songs3.db go.

    Greetz

    Osik

    #15095

    Anonymous

    /var/cache/mt-daapd/

    is ok, but it’s stil not the end…

    2008-01-12 23:22:42 (28401100): Rendezvous socket closed (daap server crashed?) Aborting.
    2008-01-12 23:22:42: Aborting

    upd: with -d 9:


    2008-01-13 05:21:41 (28401100): Firefly Version svn-1696: Starting with debuglevel 9
    2008-01-13 05:21:41 (28401100): Error opening plugin dir /usr/lib/firefly/plugins. Ignoring
    2008-01-13 05:21:41 (28401100): Error opening plugin dir /lib/mt-daapd/plugins. Ignoring
    2008-01-13 05:21:41 (28401100): Error opening plugin dir /lib/mt-daapd/plugins. Ignoring
    2008-01-13 05:21:41 (28401100): Attempting to load plugin /usr/local/lib/mt-daapd/plugins/libout-daap.so
    2008-01-13 05:21:41 (28401100): Loaded plugin /usr/local/lib/mt-daapd/plugins/libout-daap.so (daap/svn-1696)
    2008-01-13 05:21:41 (28401100): New transcode codec list:
    2008-01-13 05:21:41 (28401100): Attempting to load plugin /usr/local/lib/mt-daapd/plugins/librsp.so
    2008-01-13 05:21:41 (28401100): Loaded plugin /usr/local/lib/mt-daapd/plugins/librsp.so (rsp/svn-1696)
    2008-01-13 05:21:41 (28401100): New transcode codec list:
    2008-01-13 05:21:41 (28401100): Attempting to load plugin /usr/local/lib/mt-daapd/plugins/libssc-script.so
    2008-01-13 05:21:41 (28401100): No ssc program specified for script transcoder.
    2008-01-13 05:21:41 (28401100): Error loading plugin /usr/local/lib/mt-daapd/plugins/libssc-script.so: plugin declined to load
    2008-01-13 05:21:41 (28401100): Plugin loaded: rsp/svn-1696
    2008-01-13 05:21:41 (28401100): Plugin loaded: daap/svn-1696
    2008-01-13 05:21:41 (28401100): Starting rendezvous daemon
    2008-01-13 05:21:41 (28401100): Starting signal handler
    2008-01-13 05:21:41 (28401100): Pid: 71551
    2008-01-13 05:21:41 (28401100): Opening database
    2008-01-13 05:21:41 (28401100): Processing rendezvous message
    2008-01-13 05:21:41 (28401100): Rendezvous socket closed (daap server crashed?) Aborting.
    2008-01-13 05:21:41: Aborting

    #15096

    rpedde
    Participant

    @hryamzik wrote:


    2008-01-13 05:21:41 (28401100): Opening database
    2008-01-13 05:21:41 (28401100): Processing rendezvous message
    2008-01-13 05:21:41 (28401100): Rendezvous socket closed (daap server crashed?) Aborting.
    2008-01-13 05:21:41: Aborting

    That looks like a db error.. wonder if it’s corrupt or something? Can try deleting the database from /var/cache/mt-daapd (and a .journal file if its there).

    Also, make sure the directory is writable by your “runas” user.

    Closer and closer…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.