Flac specifications?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

For some reason I can play most flac files but some will crash my server. I can not see any differences in the files and they play fine on my pc. Is there some specification that I need to worry about such as file size, tag length, file name, etc?

I have tried to convert the non-playing flacs to wav and back to flac again but they still do not work. If I convert the songs to mp3 then they will play.

belu
    Participant
    edbro wrote:
    For some reason I can play most flac files but some will crash my server. I can not see any differences in the files and they play fine on my pc. Is there some specification that I need to worry about such as file size, tag length, file name, etc?

I have tried to convert the non-playing flacs to wav and back to flac again but they still do not work. If I convert the songs to mp3 then they will play.

I had problems with flacs with funny characters in the filename or the tags (german äöü etc.).
    Since you converted them back from WAV, the tags are empty, so what about the filename? Did you try to rename the files? Some of the “wrong” chars are not easily detected on first sight.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Playlist processing isn’t doing the right thing with the full ISO-8859-1 Latin-01 character set (accented chars, etc). Files are scanned OK but it’s the playlist scanning that’s at error.

I’ve proved that out by manually modifying the SQLite database to make the correct entries across the tables – all works & displays fine after my manua l intervention.

My coding skills aren’t up to scratch to fix at the moment tho.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.