You are here: Home » Topic » flac [email protected] OS Xpage 2

flac [email protected] OS X

This topic contains 23 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  colleenex 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

New related question:

Has anyone built a universal (PPC+Intel) version of Firefly that is capable of transcoding from FLAC? I don’t have any space on my Intel machine to install the development tools. I was hoping I could create universal binaries on the PPC machine instead.

Thhx

andyg
    Participant

Hi Labchip,

been trying to get the flac enabled binary to work on my Mac PPC (more for interest/test than anything else as I generally stream through a slug that handles flac files happily) and all’s good up to the point of locating the mt-daapd binary in /src/. The version I find there is only 288kb (292,792 bytes) whereas I see your version was 528,980. If I swap in that new mt-daapd binary for the existing firefly binary, no great surprise then that firefly fails to start. I’ve tried compiling on both 1586 & 1696 with the same result and in both cases the mt-daapd filesize is the same.

Being a linux/*nix idiot, I’m pretty much admitting defeat but wondered if you could upload the binary & the 3 plugins again so I can try to get this cracked?

cheers, Andy

Anonymous

Here you go Andyg. I have re-uploaded them here. Let me know if they work for you.

http://www.filedropper.com/fireflyppcfiles

andyg
    Participant

Cheers for them, got ’em now.

On startup, firefly fails to load straight away – the Apple log shows:

Dyld Error Message:
    Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libFLAC.7.dylib
    Referenced from: /Users/andyg/Library/PreferencePanes/Firefly.prefPane/Contents/Resources/Firefly Helper.app/Contents/Resources/Server/firefly
    Reason: image not found

I saw your comment regards editing the path to the flac binary and have tried doing that to no effect. As I say, not being proficient with linux it was a bit of a stab in the dark… A quick look in spotlight shows I have libFLAC.8.2.0.dylib living in /opt/local/lib but no libFLAC.7.dylib

Can you show the exact code you used on that mt-daapd-ssc.sh script, as I probably messed up in the editing & that may see me right…

cheers, andy

Anonymous

As far as I can remember, the path to the FLAC binary is the only part of the mt-daapd-ssc.sh script that I changed

# You may need to fix these paths:
    #

WAVSTREAMER=./wavstreamer
    ALAC=./alac
    OGGDEC=oggdec
    FLAC=/opt/local/bin/flac

The error you have seems more like a problem with MacPorts than with Firefly. I have seen similar errors all over the place after I updated MacPorts (in order to install mp3fs for mac). Unfortunately I haven’t succeeded in properly updating all the parts, so I have not been able to install mp3fs (which is great btw and works like a charm on Ubuntu).

Back to your problem, I suggest you use Firefly 1586. And make sure the version of FLAC in /opt/local/bin/flac is 1.1.2 (and not 1.2.1 – it doesn’t seem to like that). Perhaps that will automatically bring libFLAC.7.dylib into your /opt/local/lib directory. If not, I can send it to you .

andyg
    Participant

Yes, that was the path I edited as well…

I’ve found a flac & metaflac binary 1.1.2 (tried compiling my own from sourceforge but I luck out at the make install stage) and copied them into /opt/local/bin but I’m still getting the same error as before when firefly tries to start up. If you can upload that libFLAC.7.dylib file it’d be appreciated. If I still can’t get it to work then I’ll retire gracefully and leave you alone!

cheers, andy

Anonymous

I’m sure you are going to need many other dependencies as well. I think the file you mention is actually a link/shortcut to another file rather than a file itself. I will try to locate what i think are all the relevant files, zip them up and send them to you. However, it might take a day or two – I am not at home now.

andyg
    Participant

No worries, as & when you have time. Agreed, having that file alone may well not be nearly enough, which is why I’m not going to stress it too much if I can’t get it to work, but it’s a worth a shot.

cheers, andy

colleenex

How do you take a screen shot on a Mac that’s running a Windows OS? I need to be able to take screen shots on Windows because that’s the only place the programs I need for work are; I’m making tutorials for some programs & I want to be able to put screen shots in them. I tried the shift command ctrl 3 stuff, but that didn’t work. It’s a Mac keyboard, so there’s no print screen button.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.