FirePlay Flash client for FireFly

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 874 total)
  • Author
    Bo Mellberg
    Participant

Stupid me. I toggle that to be able to test drive it from the Flash environment.

Should work now. Please try again. Thanks for your patience…

sonichouse
    Participant

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

Stupid me. I toggle that to be able to test drive it from the Flash environment.

Should work now. Please try again. Thanks for your patience…

Just the same, saw it ask for revisions, then it crashed getting playists.

If you want we can take this offline via email ?

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

OK. I have to go now, but please email me at bosse at mellberg dot org. I’ll be back at my computer in a few hours.

blamm
    Participant

Thanks.

Looks good and works on the Wii now, which is fantastic, but seems slower and is rather buggy. Do you want details or should I wait for a bit more dev?

sonichouse
    Participant

Hi Bo,

I think that it might be that the first artist in my list is 10,000 Maniacs – I wonder if the embedded comma is killing it ?

when I use playlist.html, they are the first artitst listed.

Steve

fizze
    Participant

I just tried it out and its amazing! Works flawlessly.
    Same speed than the Flash9 thingy.

Gotta try it on the Wii, too. 🙂

mas
    Participant

Its broken on a NSLU/debian LennyLe with svn-1696 mt-daapd:

2007-11-14 22:14:22 (40020f40): Serving 4336 songs. Startup complete in 11 seconds
    2007-11-14 22:14:38 (40cf84e0): malloc error in vasprintf
    2007-11-14 22:14:38: Aborting

Interestingly mt-daapd-svn-1586 does NOT show this bug, nor does your swf v0.2 cause the crash.

Amazing, have you been trying to write a remote DOS script for mt-daapd-svn-1696? LOL*

It seems version v0.3 of your swf is precisely incompatible with svn-1696, but svn-1586 works flawless as does v0.2 with all mt-daapd version.

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

I’m running 1586 myself. Perhaps I should install the 1696 version?

FlashDAAP v0.2 is written in a totally different way and does not take advantage of the xml query capabilities of FireFly.

I’m beginning to think this has to do with the url escaping of Flash. I really need to know how to escape all those foreign characters for use with the browsing features.

I get problems myself if I try to list all albums by ‘N SYNC (god knows why I have those in there…) because of the hyphen. I’ve tried to escape it by using the appropriate %26 but it doesn’t work.

Intil I find out how to do it I’ll not be able to go any further I’m afraid.

/Bo

sonichouse
    Participant

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

I get problems myself if I try to list all albums by ‘N SYNC (god knows why I have those in there…) because of the hyphen. I’ve tried to escape it by using the appropriate %26 but it doesn’t work.

Intil I find out how to do it I’ll not be able to go any further I’m afraid.

/Bo

To get firefly to return Guns N’ Roses I had to change the ‘ to ‘ as shown below

http://slug:3689/databases/1/items?meta=dmap.itemid,daap.songalbum,dmap.itemname&output=xml&query='daap.songartist:Guns%20N'%20Roses'

More info:
    Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds – change & to %26
    Queen + Elton John – change + to %2B

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

Yes, but it seems like not all characters can be escaped like that.

If I want to browse “Heuy Lewis & the News” I need to escape the & with %26. It does not work with &

Also, I have some artists with special characters like åäö é and ü. What to do with those?

This is not mentioned at all on the Firefly XML trac wiki.

/Bo

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 874 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.