FirePlay Flash client for FireFly

  • This topic has 873 replies, 99 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by beaon.
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 874 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #13361
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    @sonichouse wrote:

    2007-11-14 12:57:26 (0006d404): Thread 435: Entering ws_returnerror (401: Unauthorized)
    2007-11-14 12:57:35 (0006f404): malloc error in vasprintf
    2007-11-14 12:57:35: Aborting
    2007-11-14 12:57:35 (00000400): Rendezvous socket closed (daap server crashed?) Aborting.
    2007-11-14 12:57:35: Aborting

    Exactly the same problem here on my slug with mt-daapd-1696 with opera bowser on wii and firefox bowser on my linux.
    I use FlashDAAP v0.3
    But this time the flash 7 display something on the wii 🙂

    #13362
    sonichouse
    Participant

    @Bo Mellberg wrote:

    Also, I have some artists with special characters like åäö é and ü. What to do with those?

    This is not mentioned at all on the Firefly XML trac wiki.

    No idea, trying a few things.

    http://slug:3689/databases/1/items?meta=dmap.itemid,daap.songalbum,dmap.itemname&output=xml&query='daap.songartist:Björk'

    returns no items.

    #13363
    Bo Mellberg
    Participant

    But it works in “playlist.html” so let’s look in the source for that?

    #13364
    sonichouse
    Participant

    @Bo Mellberg wrote:

    But it works in “playlist.html” so let’s look in the source for that?

    o umlaut is hex C3B6 in the database so the query is ‘daap.songartist:Bj%C3%B6rk’

    the SQL used was

    bash-3.2# sqlite3 /opt/var/mt-daapd/songs3.db
    SQLite version 3.4.1
    Enter ".help" for instructions
    sqlite> select distinct(hex(distinct(artist))) from songs where artist like 'Bj%';
    426AC3B6726B
    sqlite> .quit
    #13365
    Bo Mellberg
    Participant

    OK, that is the utf-8 encoding.

    Perhaps I’ll just have to find myself a nice big utf-8 table and translate against?

    #13366
    sonichouse
    Participant

    @Bo Mellberg wrote:

    OK, that is the utf-8 encoding.

    Perhaps I’ll just have to find myself a nice big utf-8 table and translate against?

    Found this tech note from adobe URL Encoding: Reading special characters from a text file

    #13367
    blamm
    Participant

    OK a few bugs you might want to know about.

      Can get more than one song playing at the same time by clicking and playing songs in quick succession.
      Clicking a compliation album will display all tracks regardless of the artist selected
      Certain songs won’t show buffer status or progress while playing.
      Ocasionally navigation stops working. e.g. selecting different artists wont change the album displayed

    Otherwise the basic functionality works well and Röyksopp causes no trouble for me.

    Well done. Keep it up!

    #13368
    sonichouse
    Participant

    @sonichouse wrote:

    @Bo Mellberg wrote:

    OK, that is the utf-8 encoding.

    Perhaps I’ll just have to find myself a nice big utf-8 table and translate against?

    Found this tech note from adobe URL Encoding: Reading special characters from a text file

    The above only lists Latin encoding. for a UTF-8 list see this one
    http://www.fileformat.info/info/charset/UTF-8/list.htm

    #13369
    Bo Mellberg
    Participant

    Flash has a function “escape” that converts the foreign characters into utf8. The problem is that the single quotation mark must be preceeded with a backslash. I’m writing a small routine that takes care of that at the moment, calling it “fireescape” 🙂

    #13370
    Bo Mellberg
    Participant

    OK. Here we go again:

    http://www.mellberg.org/FlashDAAP.swf

    Right-click etc…

    Good night! (1.14 am)

    /Bo

    #13371
    sonichouse
    Participant

    @Bo Mellberg wrote:

    OK. Here we go again:

    http://www.mellberg.org/FlashDAAP.swf

    Right-click etc…

    Good night! (1.14 am)

    /Bo

    Still kills 1696 here 🙁
    Have a good night

    /Steve

    #13372
    Bo Mellberg
    Participant

    I got some answers from Ron which has led me to rewrite once again, this time for rsp protocol. It turns out that the daap protocol does not support querys on playlist level, so it really is a must to move to rsp.

    I’m still waiting for the document on rsp, which I accidently deleted from my inbox, so I’ll have a new version soon.

    According to Ron it would be 2-3 times faster as well 🙂

    /Bo

    #13373
    fizze
    Participant

    @sonichouse wrote:

    @Bo Mellberg wrote:

    But it works in “playlist.html” so let’s look in the source for that?

    o umlaut is hex C3B6 in the database so the query is ‘daap.songartist:Bj%C3%B6rk’

    the SQL used was

    bash-3.2# sqlite3 /opt/var/mt-daapd/songs3.db
    SQLite version 3.4.1
    Enter ".help" for instructions
    sqlite> select distinct(hex(distinct(artist))) from songs where artist like 'Bj%';
    426AC3B6726B
    sqlite> .quit

    Just on a sidenote, the SQL query isnt the same as the playlist.html query.

    ...where artist like 'Bj%';

    really shows all songs by all artists that start with “Bj”. Results may not matter much, but a “like” certainly is less performant than an exact match.

    #13374
    Bo Mellberg
    Participant

    You don’t happen to have the document on rsp queries?

    #13375
    sonichouse
    Participant

    Hi Fizze,

    thanks for that. I wrote the sql using the like predicate because I couldn’t get the ö to work in the query for some reason, and I knew that she was the only artist in my collection starting with ‘Bj’.

    But yes, I accept the like clause will create more work for the database.

    /Steve

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 874 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.