FirePlay Flash client for FireFly

Viewing 10 posts - 581 through 590 (of 874 total)
  • Author
    sumoallstar
    Participant

First of all, thanks for all your hard work Bo. Truly appreciated.

And now the selfish requests ๐Ÿ˜‰

Would it be possible to have a future Fireplay version able to control a Roku using their RCP? There are a few non-flash apps that do this (VisualMR) but they are not Wii friendly. For me (Mii?) this would be killer app worthy!

A request that should be possible to do – a screensaver option. Once you have some songs queued and playing, have the screen change to black with just the song title and artwork displayed.

Thanks again for your efforts.

blamm
    Participant

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

@blamm wrote:

Had some time to waste and created a logo for you :wink:. What do you think?

Really nice! Is it ok if I scale it down a bit, and make the “latest” link out of it? Do you have in in a vector format (Illustrator, eps etc)?

Sure, here you are. Take your pick (the svg has no colour for some reason..)

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/toaster/fireplay.eps

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/toaster/fireplay2.svg

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/toaster/fireplay6.png

EDIT

Can I suggest you add a popup when you hover over it that says something like.

Fireplay: click here to download latest version

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@blamm wrote:

I’ll try. Most of the items would benefit from rollover hints.

Thanks for the graphics! Really nice!

blamm
    Participant

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

@blamm wrote:

I’ll try. Most of the items would benefit from rollover hints.

Thanks for the graphics! Really nice!

Hi I just looked at the SVG. Doesnt have the font. Do you need it?

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@sumoallstar wrote:

Would it be possible to have a future Fireplay version able to control a Roku using their RCP? There are a few non-flash apps that do this (VisualMR) but they are not Wii friendly. For me (Mii?) this would be killer app worthy!

That application would be a standalone one. I’m not going to integrate that kind of functionality in FirePlay. But it might be more people than you want to control their SoundBridge from within a Flash app. It’ll have to wait though.

@sumoallstar wrote:

A request that should be possible to do – a screensaver option. Once you have some songs queued and playing, have the screen change to black with just the song title and artwork displayed.

This is an interesting feature! Anyone have a layout suggestion for this Play Mode?

blamm
    Participant

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

@sumoallstar wrote:

That application would be a standalone one. I’m not going to integrate that kind of functionality in FirePlay. But it might be more people than you want to control their SoundBridge from within a Flash app. It’ll have to wait though.

@sumoallstar wrote:

This is an interesting feature! Anyone have a layout suggestion for this Play Mode?

I quite like this, I found it on the web. Perhaps with the album art on the left?

sumoallstar
    Participant

I quite like this, I found it on the web. Perhaps with the album art on the left?

I prefer something a little less bright – so you don’t light up the whole room with your screen. Something like this product image, maybe with a subtle time remaining gauge on the bottom?

removablebrain
    Participant

Is it possible to have an external config file to customize some aspects of FirePlay?

Just my personal taste, but don’t want to see any text in the cover art display (I prefer just the whitespace) when disabled or unable to find artwork from lastfm.

Thanks for all of your work on this!

Anonymous
    Inactive

When I look in my mt-daapd.log I noticed a strange behaviour. Every time I start a song another stream is opened to an adress in the 150.70.84.XXX network. Why is that? This only happens when I stream songs with FirePlay. If I use iTunes or another app no such stream is opened.

From my log:

2008-01-14 12:48:01 (01bf8003): Session 0: Streaming file 'Yeasayer - 02 - Wait For The Summer.mp3' to XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX (offset 0)
    2008-01-14 12:48:01 (01c00004): Session 0: Streaming file 'Yeasayer - 02 - Wait For The Summer.mp3' to 150.70.84.22 (offset 0)
    Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@wahlis wrote:

When I look in my mt-daapd.log I noticed a strange behaviour. Every time I start a song another stream is opened to an adress in the 150.70.84.XXX network. Why is that? This only happens when I stream songs with FirePlay. If I use iTunes or another app no such stream is opened.

From my log:

2008-01-14 12:48:01 (01bf8003): Session 0: Streaming file 'Yeasayer - 02 - Wait For The Summer.mp3' to XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX (offset 0)
    2008-01-14 12:48:01 (01c00004): Session 0: Streaming file 'Yeasayer - 02 - Wait For The Summer.mp3' to 150.70.84.22 (offset 0)

Could it be the album art? Other than that I have no idea.

Viewing 10 posts - 581 through 590 (of 874 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.