FirePlay Flash client for FireFly

Viewing 10 posts - 551 through 560 (of 874 total)
  • Author
    cstern
    Participant

Hi Bo,

It is working fine!

I have two small suggestions:

1) When saving (downloading) the song – would it be possible to “grab” the artist and song name and construct a file name which reflects what is in the mp3? Instead of calling a song “2364.mp3” a file name like “Weather Report – Birdland.mp3” would be more descriptive. All the info seems to be available (e.g. for creating play lists), so I guess it should be doable without too much trouble.

2) You could add a link to the latest version (not important)

One inconvenience – may not be easy to fix:

The list boxes are strictly alfabetical in the computer-sense. This means that all entries which start with a capital letter precedes any title with a lower case first letter. I.e. Santana comes before abba but after Abba.

mas
    Participant

Hi Bo,

that Album Art thing looks nice – but how can one turn it off if one doesnt want always announce all songs to lastfm? Just by blocking lastfm in the firewall? Can you make it an optional feature?

blamm
    Participant

@cstern wrote:

2) You could add a link to the latest version (not important)

Good idea. Also how about a link to Firefly??

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

New version. (0.82)

I’ll try to handle some of your latest comments in this post.

cstern: I can’t do anything about the filenames, since they are served out of FireFly as “2364.mp3”. The link to latest version has been added. I’ll see what I can do about the sorting. There is also a sorting problem if you are have non standard characters in your tags. EDIT: I added case insensitivity.

blamm: Text is grey. Album art should be the higher res if you resize to >200 pixels width. I can change the limit if you want to. Link to FireFly added.

beeka: Glad you got it working on the Nokia 770. I can’t do anything about the speed at the moment. Please wait for an update on this issue. The browsing “locking” is strange. Anyone else to verify?

mas: Cover art can now be shut off.

Keep it up guys! It’s still getting better!

/Bo

blamm
    Participant

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

Album art should be the higher res if you resize to >200 pixels width.

Hi. Rather embarrassingly I cant find any higher res art on lastfm to test this. Did you?

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@blamm wrote:

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

Album art should be the higher res if you resize to >200 pixels width.

Hi. Rather embarrasingly I can find any higher res art on lastfm to test this. Did you?

No. I tested wth a few albums and saw the same .jpg-link to all three sizes everytime.

blamm
    Participant

Ooo sorry. I appear to have wasted your time… ๐Ÿ™

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@blamm wrote:

Ooo sorry. I appear to have wasted your time… ๐Ÿ™

Absolutely not. I want it to be able to show the hires pics if they become available.

BTW sorry for misstakingly editing your post instead of quoting it.

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

I stayed up a bit and implemented the scrolling “Now Playing” text.

Also, the album art is updated as the song list is populated.

Iris
    Participant

I’ve noticed that if the current track cover art can’t be found that FirePlay continues to display the previous track’s cover art. Like the scrolling…

Thanks

iris ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 551 through 560 (of 874 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.