FirePlay Flash client for FireFly

Viewing 10 posts - 541 through 550 (of 874 total)
  • Author
    blamm
    Participant

Hi Bo.

This is working so well I am wondering if it might be possible to produce an album cover based view of an entire playlist.

What do you think?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

@ColinWH wrote:

Evening,
    has anyone got this to work on Windows Home Server?
    I’ve installed Firefly on the server and it appears to be running fine. I’ve copied the 3 files to the Firefly admin-root and then rebooted the server.
    When I try to access the server, I get a message “windows cannot find \server:3689/FirePlay.html” (\server… is being accessed over my internal network). If I try externally, I get a message “Some content or files on this webpage require a program that you don’t have installed”

Could someone tell me what I’m doing wrong?
    Manythanks,

Colin

I think the port on Windows is 9999 so please use “\server:9999/FirePlay.html”

Try that and let us know if it worked!

Merry Christmas everyone!

/Bo

Evening,
    Re-built the server over the holidays and now all fine.
    FYI, the access for Windows Home Server is:
    http://server:9999/Fireplay.html”

Very many thanks and my gratitude for all the work you are doing,

Colin

Anonymous
    Inactive

Bo,

As you may recall I have quite a few songs in my collection and the initial library load can be a bit slow. Wondering if there’s a way to change the default playlist that loads. Perhaps the last used playlist could be saved as a cookie.

Just a thought. I would expect the performance issue is limited to only a few users but this might be a feature of interest to others.

Thanks again for all your hard work!

– Onecaribou

Anonymous
    Inactive

Evening,
    Could someone tell me if I need to change anything?
    If I run FirePlay in a resized window in IE7 and select a tune with a long title, when that title is displayed across the top, it doesn’t wrap.
    The ‘search’box etc is dynamic, ie, moves with the edge of the box, but therefore is overwritten, (well, the title ‘search’ is,) with this long title.

Also, if I select, ‘Generate Playlist, I get a pop-up box with
    “”,
    assuming I have Source set to ‘Library’ and Album set to ‘All’. If, I have same settings, but any one album selected, the pop-up box has about 90 lines of xmlns=.

Colin

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@onecaibou wrote:

Bo,

As you may recall I have quite a few songs in my collection and the initial library load can be a bit slow. Wondering if there’s a way to change the default playlist that loads. Perhaps the last used playlist could be saved as a cookie.

Just a thought. I would expect the performance issue is limited to only a few users but this might be a feature of interest to others.

Thanks again for all your hard work!

– Onecaribou

OK. A cookie for the last selected playlist will come.

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@ColinWH wrote:

Evening,
    Could someone tell me if I need to change anything?
    If I run FirePlay in a resized window in IE7 and select a tune with a long title, when that title is displayed across the top, it doesn’t wrap.
    The ‘search’box etc is dynamic, ie, moves with the edge of the box, but therefore is overwritten, (well, the title ‘search’ is,) with this long title.

Also, if I select, ‘Generate Playlist, I get a pop-up box with
    “”,
    assuming I have Source set to ‘Library’ and Album set to ‘All’. If, I have same settings, but any one album selected, the pop-up box has about 90 lines of xmlns=.

Colin

Hi Colin!

I haven’t had time to implement a scrolling “now playing” but it will come.

I don’t understand your playlist problem. It will only generate a playlist with the items in the songs list. If your songs list is empty, so will the playlist be. You have to populate the songs list with songs by choosing an album (or several), then press “Generate playlist”.

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

Version 0.81 out there.

I had to implement a strange kind of resize for the album art, but I think it works pretty well.

Also, it remembers your last playlist selection.

blamm
    Participant

Wow. Thanks Bo. It looks really good…

Any chance you could change the no album text to grey (like the volume bar) and perhaps use the higher res covers?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Bo… You are the definition of a dedicated developer. 🙂

Love ya man, keep up the great work!

beeka
    Participant

I have finally gotten around to trying Fireplay (on Windows with firefly 1.0 svn-1441). It is very cool indeed.

I like the album art, although I was expecting it to display once I had selected an album (rather than waiting for me to play a song from the album). Maybe the image could default to a greyed-out box with some instructions in, e.g. “start playing a song for album art to be displayed here”. I was wondering if my songs were poorly tagged to start with.

I tried using fireplay on a Nokia 770. I was pleasantly suprised to find this works at all. However you have to be very patient with it. The Nokia complains that Flash 6 is being very slow and asks if I want stop the script…. it does display, if I let it continue. It is even slower when playing back, possibly due to the buffering of the whole song – this device has limited RAM and is using a flash-ram swap file. The slow response might mean the download is maxing out the CPU. Having some options for a low-bandwith / slow-cpu instance would be nice. However I am grateful it works on Flash 6 at all.

While testing the the Nokia 770, I noticed something else which I proved with more capable machines. I can only run one instance of fireplay at any given time. That is, if I have fireplay open on the main PC, I can’t browse the library from the laptop. The applet will open but it will not find anything in the library. Closing the browser on the main PC and reloading the page on the laptop restores functionality. Is this by design, or some limitation of (my version of) firefly… maybe not all of it is multi-threaded?

Cheers,

Steve.

Viewing 10 posts - 541 through 550 (of 874 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.