FirePlay Flash client for FireFly

Viewing 10 posts - 481 through 490 (of 874 total)
  • Author
    sonichouse
    Participant

Well, interesting news to report.

If I subscribe to http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/radio4/today/rss.xml this streams from the RSS app on the PSP.

next thing to do tonight is dummy up an xml feed on my server.

/Steve

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

New version (0.73).

Only change is dynamic resize to match browser window.

Note: Only the lists are resized. Not the player progress and the other top window stuff…

cstern
    Participant

Hi Bo (are you from Sweden?)

Thanks for your nice program – it is very useful for me for choosing music for for instance party-mixes etc where I can browse my entire collection and listen to samples (or the entire tunes of course).

I have a few suggestions/wishes:

1) To be able to toggle between browsing by Artist-Then-Album and Album-Then-Artist (i.e. to first list all albums, and when one is selected all the corresponding artists are listed in the next window).

2) To (perhaps optionally) have the path displayed for the selected tune / album. I don’t know if this is possible at all – but it would make it easier (for me πŸ˜€ ) to later find the mp3 etc on the server, so I can copy out the songs to a CD.

3) In this context it would be really nice if a window (again optionally) could list the songs I have selected over the entire session, with paths and everything (a bit like a play list).

To explain the work flow: a) first select one song, and if I like it to be added to my “shopping list” I could press a button and the path is added to the new window. c) I could continue to do this as long as I like, making the list longer and longer. d) When I am satisfied I can copy the contents of the new window to a text program like notepad and e) go on to find the songs on the server and copy them to a CD. I am sure someone can make a small converter to change the unix paths to path which a file-client can understand.

Example:
    unix path:
    /Volume1/music/Various artists/Xmas/Now Christmas/CD2/Last Christmas.mp3
    Windows path:
    “X:Various artistsXmasNow CristmasCD2Last Christmas.mp3”
    or
    “\DiskStationmusicVarious artistsXmasNow CristmasCD2Last Christmas.mp3”

4) I noticed that also e.g. wma files are shown but can not be played. Couldn’t they be marked e.g. by a different background color or text color or something?

5) I know others have written this: But an installation guide and release notes would be really nice. I have found out how to install it but new users probably would have questions and with the number of posts in this thread it is a time consuming task to go through everything to find the answers…

Again – thanks for a great add-on

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@cstern wrote:

Yes, I live in Lund.

1) To be able to toggle between browsing by Artist-Then-Album and Album-Then-Artist (i.e. to first list all albums, and when one is selected all the corresponding artists are listed in the next window).

Hmm, this could be tricky to implement next to the normal behaviour. What do you others say?

2) To (perhaps optionally) have the path displayed for the selected tune / album. I don’t know if this is possible at all – but it would make it easier (for me πŸ˜€ ) to later find the mp3 etc on the server, so I can copy out the songs to a CD.

Terribly sorry. I have no way of knowing where the songs reside (their paths).

4) I noticed that also e.g. wma files are shown but can not be played. Couldn’t they be marked e.g. by a different background color or text color or something?

They could and others have suggested it. Until then you can make a smart playlist that sorts out only mp3:s.

5) I know others have written this: But an installation guide and release notes would be really nice. I have found out how to install it but new users probably would have questions and with the number of posts in this thread it is a time consuming task to go through everything to find the answers…

I know. Shame on me! Documentation is important but boring.

cstern
    Participant

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

@cstern wrote:

Yes, I live in Lund.

Ah, I thought so. I am from Denmark and work at the Tech University of Denmark among others with two Swedish girls from Lund… Nice collegues – one made Lucifer buns for us all today – on the occassion of the Lucia day

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

Terribly sorry. I have no way of knowing where the songs reside (their paths).

Makes sense – no reason why a media player should need to know the path – could even be a security risk, I guess. Anyway, then ( πŸ˜‰ ) how about beeing able to make the list I mentioned -but only with with Artist, Song and Album, semicolon delimited?

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

They could and others have suggested it. Until then you can make a smart playlist that sorts out only mp3:s.

Good idea – didn’t think of that. On the other hand (still when making my party “tapes”) I would like to see all the available songs. But using Fireplay for its prime purpose it is certanly a workaraound.

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

I know. Shame on me! Documentation is important but boring.

Perhaps you could just put the needed info in your first post on this thread and ammend as you go by. – when ou have time πŸ™‚

[edit] Oops – I can see that you already did that…

Iris
    Participant

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

New version (0.73).

Bo, a couple of things I noticed with v.73

If one has pop-ups blocked enabled like I did in IE6, the warning bar will display as normal in IE6 when one attempts to download. The problem is when a user selects the allow the popup (download) the dynamically resized area squishes all the way to the left. I had to exit IE and reload FirePlay to resume.

Secondly, in addition to the download control window that appears another window appears in behind labelled “Action Cancelled” and although it doesn’t interfere with the download one must close it. I didn’t notice this behaviour before.

Iris

blamm
    Participant

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

New version (0.73).

Note: Only the lists are resized. Not the player progress and the other top window stuff…

Sorry. Resize isn’t working for me….

cstern
    Participant

@Iris wrote:

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

New version (0.73).

Bo, a couple of things I noticed with v.73

If one has pop-ups blocked enabled like I did in IE6, the warning bar will display as normal in IE6 when one attempts to download. The problem is when a user selects the allow the popup (download) the dynamically resized area squishes all the way to the left. I had to exit IE and reload FirePlay to resume.

I can confirm this behavior on my machine

Secondly, in addition to the download control window that appears another window appears in behind labelled “Action Cancelled” and although it doesn’t interfere with the download one must close it. I didn’t notice this behaviour before.

I don’t see this

blamm
    Participant

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

New version (0.73).

I’m afraid resize doesnt work for me.

EDIT: scratch that. I didnt update the HTML. DOH!

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@blamm wrote:

EDIT: scratch that. I didnt update the HTML. DOH!

Correct. The new html has percent size values instead of 800×600 as before.

Concerning the other browser problems (IE) I have know clue as to why it behaves like that. Does the second “Action canceled” appear even after the allow pop up and browser restart?

Viewing 10 posts - 481 through 490 (of 874 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.