FirePlay Flash client for FireFly

Viewing 10 posts - 451 through 460 (of 874 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

@Strawp wrote:

Winamp doesn’t support XSPF. Apparently there’s a plugin but I certainly can’t find it.

Here: http://plext.blogspot.com/

I really consider FirePlay’s playlist “functionality” as a dirty hack and I really don’t wanna see it stay in the application for long. I still hope for a more appealing solution (save as…)

There’s nothing at that URL – the binaries have long since disappeared. I wouldn’t need a playlist feature if I wasn’t on windows at all – on Linux I just point Amarok to localhost and it sees the DAAP share.

I just want to be able to have my remote music in with all my other music when I’m at work.

sonichouse
    Participant

@aasamy wrote:

Looks like I might have a problem with the server.@Bo Mellberg wrote:

You can also try the corresponding rsp call, which is what FireFly is using:

http://YOURFIREFLYSERVER:3689/rsp/info

This one returns a “404 not found” on the browser. Here is the log

@Bo, more reasons to check the version.

Unfortunately, I think the only way to get it is via the RSP query.
    You may have catch the 404 error when requesting it.

/Sonic

blamm
    Participant

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

I really consider FirePlay’s playlist “functionality” as a dirty hack and I really don’t wanna see it stay in the application for long. I still hope for a more appealing solution (save as…)

Just a thought…couldnt you bypass flash completely and just deliver a link to an XSPF for each playlist found in Firefly?

Iris
    Participant

I’ve been keeping up with each enhancement and would like to encourage continued refinement of FirePlay. Along those lines I would like to make perhaps a couple of suggestions – ideas drawn from other appps I’ve used.

– On the voulme slider have a speaker icon on the left indicating low or no volume and one on the right for full volume.

– For those that want the ability to create playlists for use another app perhaps renaming that function to “Export Playlist”. “Create” gives a user the impression that they may be able to create their own playlist. And, maybe an icon for that beside the shuffle icon. I know Last.FM uses a cassette with a plus sign for that functionality.

– Change “Download MP3” back to “Download Selected” as this seems more intuitive.

– To expand on that last point maybe a download arrow could be incorporated beside each track in the song pane for individual downloads. Napster has something like that.

FWIW

Iris

Anonymous
    Inactive

WOW. Truly excellent and impressive Bo.

I’ve been looking for a solution for my Wii and WAN streaming needs via daap for months and FirePlay is everything I’ve been looking for.

Performance is great with 49,000 songs. Far better than itunes.

Do I need to worry about any hidden ‘features’ I may encounter at the 50K song mark? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Please keep up the fantastic work!

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@onecaibou wrote:

WOW. Truly excellent and impressive Bo.

I’ve been looking for a solution for my Wii and WAN streaming needs via daap for months and FirePlay is everything I’ve been looking for.

Performance is great with 49,000 songs. Far better than itunes.

Do I need to worry about any hidden ‘features’ I may encounter at the 50K song mark? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Please keep up the fantastic work!

This is very nice to hear. I have about 3000 songs myself so I’m not that big a performance debugger. When FireFly supports sorted searches it will be even faster, since I don’t have to populate the lists completely but only the visible items.

/Bo

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just got myself a new mobile phone, any chance we can get FirePlay to run on a Nokia N95? ๐Ÿ˜€

I have tried running it from the browser. I see the play/pause button flashing and I see the boxes but no songs. I haven’t got a clue what or what kind of Flash is installed.

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@Franc wrote:

Just got myself a new mobile phone, any chance we can get FirePlay to run on a Nokia N95? ๐Ÿ˜€

I have tried running it from the browser. I see the play/pause button flashing and I see the boxes but no songs. I haven’t got a clue what or what kind of Flash is installed.

I really have no idea. The N95 support Flash Lite 3 which can be downloaded here: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashlite3/

I have made a small test app which we can develop to see if we can target a FirePlay player for the PSP and N95 and such. Download here:

http://www.mellberg.org/FPtest.swf

and

http://www.mellberg.org/FPtest.html

(right-click and save)

blamm
    Participant

Any plans to produce a simpler interface for the Wii? It works well on my TV but I have too zoom all the time to read text.

sonichouse
    Participant

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

I have made a small test app which we can develop to see if we can target a FirePlay player for the PSP and N95 and such.

This runs OK on the PSP and I get the following …

Viewing 10 posts - 451 through 460 (of 874 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.