FirePlay Flash client for FireFly

Viewing 10 posts - 421 through 430 (of 874 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello everybody !

Since I have a lot of classical music in my database, I would highly appreciate if there was a “Composer” field between “Song” and “Artist”.

Thank’s for this great tool, I’m lovin’ it!

All the best from Switzerland

Swissy

blamm
    Participant

@swissy wrote:

Hello everybody !

Since I have a lot of classical music in my database, I would highly appreciate if there was a “Composer” field between “Song” and “Artist”.

Thank’s for this great tool, I’m lovin’ it!

All the best from Switzerland

Swissy

How do other players deal with this? Not sure I have seen any players with more than three panes for navigation. Maybe it could be configurable (middle pane displays artist or composer)?

Anonymous
    Inactive

This would be great, ideally configurable per playlist. So for my playlist “Classical” i could have the Composer as search criterion and for all other Pop / Rock stuff i could have the artist field..

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@swissy wrote:

This would be great, ideally configurable per playlist. So for my playlist “Classical” i could have the Composer as search criterion and for all other Pop / Rock stuff i could have the artist field..

That is really beyond the scope of this application. This kind of feature request are depending on FireFly functionality. Off course, I could check if the playlist name contains the word “classic” but it would be a very dirty hack in my opinion. It would for example show up for a playlist named “Pop 70 classics” etc…

removablebrain
    Participant

Bo — Thanks for the great app. I use it quite a bit when I am on the road via ssh. For the most part it works great. One thing I noticed if I am on a limited bandwidth connection is that I cannot change tracks until the current playing track has completely buffered. Maybe I am missing something, but other than reloading the browser, I haven’t figured it out. How about the addition of a stop button that kills the current buffer.

Thanks!

sonichouse
    Participant

@hage4711 wrote:

I don’t use a SQLLite DB with firefly. Does Firefly support SQLLite at all?
    There is some kind of embedded db. With a SQL-db I could get a list using MS-Acess.
    I installed the latest version of firefly. I don’t know exactly which kind of db it uses.

The database embedded with firefly is sqlite.
    By default it uses sqlite2, but you can change this to sqlite3.

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@removablebrain wrote:

Bo — Thanks for the great app. I use it quite a bit when I am on the road via ssh. For the most part it works great. One thing I noticed if I am on a limited bandwidth connection is that I cannot change tracks until the current playing track has completely buffered. Maybe I am missing something, but other than reloading the browser, I haven’t figured it out. How about the addition of a stop button that kills the current buffer.

Thanks!

How about if you hold down stop one sec, it stops the buffering as well?

removablebrain
    Participant

How about if you hold down stop one sec, it stops the buffering as well?

Yeah, I tried that…and a few other things…it just wants to continue to buffer. It is really not that big of a deal. I am just happy I can usually squeeze enough throughput out of my sprint card to play my collection remotely.

blamm
    Participant

@Strawp wrote:

blamm: EXTM3U has the track name and length in it for each track (which is all I need really).

Depends what you want to do with it. I have a ton of FLACs and OGGs that Fireplay wont touch and am hoping this would allow me to browse and stream them through Foobar. To browse I need Album and Artist as well. XSPF will give me this. M3U would require me to stream each one first.

gmplague

Hi, I found this project by googling for Flash DAAP client. Judging by my initial perusal of these forums and other googling, I judge that that is what this player started as.

Can someone explain to me why this only works with firefly and not with all daap servers? I have a daap server running via a RhythmBox plugin in Ubuntu, and while I can access this server via iTunes without a problem, FirePlay just hangs in the ‘connecting’ phase. I’ve tried this from both firefox and the opera browser on wii.

I’d also be just as happy with a non-flash HTML/javascript based implementation, but wouldn’t know where to look.

Any advice here? I’m happy to get my hands dirty with code if that’s what’s necessary.

Viewing 10 posts - 421 through 430 (of 874 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.