FirePlay Flash client for FireFly

Viewing 10 posts - 411 through 420 (of 874 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

I’m sorry, but both your suggestions are unable to implement if we don’t use PHP in the FireFly native webserver.

I thought that might be the case. Incidentally, as I am actually running a web server on that machine, can I pass params to the flash player to overide where it tries to connect so that I can have it running on port 80 but try to connect on port 3689 or whatever other logic.

I’m sure there’s some way to post the playlist data to a script easily… never mind – it’s not a priority for me 😛

What is the admin web server running BTW?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry,
    for the moment I don’t have the time to read all 28 pages of the thread, so I only ask you a short question:
    I am looking for a tool whith which I can print out a list of all artists and albums I have collected in the firefly database.
    Because firefly does not support mysql, I can’t do this in access for myself.
    Is it possible to get such a list out of fireplay?
    Thank you.
    If it does not work and someone knows a solution, please tell me.

Anonymous
    Inactive

hage: You should be able to get that by creating a request just in a web browser. I’ll wait for someone who knows Firefly more before attempting to work out what that request string is though…

Bo: Just thinking aloud again – it would be useful if instead of generating the actual M3U playlist it just wrote the contents of a playlist in EXTM3U format into a text area box which the user could then copy/paste the contents out of and into an m3u file.

This could be a “view as m3u” button under the playlist which swaps the playlist for the m3u text area. Then when you’re done you can click it again to switch back to normal view.

blamm
    Participant

@Strawp wrote:

Bo: Just thinking aloud again – it would be useful if instead of generating the actual M3U playlist it just wrote the contents of a playlist in EXTM3U format into a text area box which the user could then copy/paste the contents out of and into an m3u file.

and/or XSPF, it has the song info in it too which M3U doesnt.

@Strawp wrote:

This could be a “view as m3u” button under the playlist which swaps the playlist for the m3u text area. Then when you’re done you can click it again to switch back to normal view.

I was thinking this too. But not as a replacement to the download thingy, that’s way too cool

blamm
    Participant

@blamm wrote:

Wow. This is very very cool. I can now download stuff from Firefly to iTunes, where presumably I can then put them on my iPod!

Let me do a test.

Yup, that works.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@hage4711 wrote:

Sorry,
    for the moment I don’t have the time to read all 28 pages of the thread, so I only ask you a short question:
    I am looking for a tool whith which I can print out a list of all artists and albums I have collected in the firefly database.
    Thank you.

Your installation probably uses an SQLite database as a backend? If that’s the case you could get all of that from the command line.

sqlite songs.db "SELECT DISTINCT artist, album FROM songs"

sqlite might also be called sqlite3 if you use version 3 of the db.

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@hage4711 wrote:

Sorry,
    Thank you.

For a list of artists, point your browser to this:

http://www.yourserver.com:3689/rsp/db/1/artist

For a list of albums:

http://www.mellberg.org:3689/rsp/db/1/album
    Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@Strawp wrote:

Yes, I suggested that a couple of pages ago, but no one jumped on it. I’ll make another link below the box. I really think this “export playlist” feature is way too cool to let go of.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

Yes, I suggested that a couple of pages ago, but no one jumped on it. I’ll make another link below the box. I really think this “export playlist” feature is way too cool to let go of.

Ah, sorry I missed that.

blamm: EXTM3U has the track name and length in it for each track (which is all I need really).

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t use a SQLLite DB with firefly. Does Firefly support SQLLite at all?
    There is some kind of embedded db. With a SQL-db I could get a list using MS-Acess.
    I installed the latest version of firefly. I don’t know exactly which kind of db it uses.
    I only want a list, sorted by artists and below every artist I want to see the albums. So I would have a little book where I can look at, when I don’t know what to hear. There is such a lot of good music I forget and I don’t want to switch on the computer every time to look which music I have.
    Seems to be difficult and is not topic of this thread. Sorry.

Thanks.
    Harald

Viewing 10 posts - 411 through 420 (of 874 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.