You are here: Home » Topic » FirePlay Flash client for FireFlypage 42

FirePlay Flash client for FireFly

This topic contains 873 replies, has 98 voices, and was last updated by  beaon 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 874 total)
  • Author

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@Busta123 wrote:

@Busta123 wrote:

FirePlay runs fine on my Mac OS X Leopard (FireFly svn-1491) as long as I connect from the Mac, if I try connecting from another Mac I get error 404 Not Found – Not Authorized.

Installed on my SLUG unslung 6.10, Firefly svn 1696 and connecting to http://slug1:3689/FirePlay.html asks me for the Admin password, then gives me 404 Not Found, Not found
    Error 404 mt-daapd: svn-1696
    Error: Permission denied

Any ideas?

Thanks

Anyone any ideas here?

Appreciated

I assume http://slug1:3689 works fine (the admin interface)?

If so, are you sure you have the right permissions on the three FirePlay files, and that they are in the correct location?

Anonymous

Yes http:/slug1:3689 works fine

I put them in the same folder as the web root files.

They are Root Root for group user

Do I need to set the user password in the FireFly config?

The fact that I am getting 404 instead of 401 indicates the files are in the right place but it is a permissions problem.

What should the ownership be, should I set them to 777?

Thanks – I am away no until late tomorrow night.

Anonymous

Hey there,

After upgrade to 0.84 I’m getting 100 and so on, so the XML string in all the windows, and obviously cannot play anything.
    Any ideas on that?
    On 0.71 worked perfectly…

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

There was an error in the default playlist cookie (a 1 instead of 0) so if you had no playlists FirePlay could not start.

Now, the “Library” is default if the cookie is not set.

HTH,

/Bo

Anonymous

Bo

The Chmod 777 seems to have fixed the Slug issue, now to see if it fits for the Mac and WinXP too.

Thanks for your help

Anonymous

v0.85 has fixed my problem with the browser ‘error’ …
    Seems to work fine now – THANKS for your work Bo!
    😀

Anonymous

Works for me now too!
    Thanks!

Just a quick question though.
    When I’m in defaults,
    Source: Library, and all three other lists set to All, shouldn’t I be able to play all mp3?
    that’s a bit annoying that the playlist is then empty

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@warden wrote:

When I’m in defaults,
    Source: Library, and all three other lists set to All, shouldn’t I be able to play all mp3?
    that’s a bit annoying that the playlist is then empty

I’m afraid I can’t do that by default, since I want the lists ordered alphabetically. You can however override this behaviour by selecting all albums in the rightmost column. Be prepared on some download times though (which is why I don’t want to do it by default).

I will be able to comply your wish as soon as the database supports sorted querys, which I guess will be very soon, right Ron? 🙂

fizze
    Participant

Just got my N810. While I haven’T figured out a way to access a DAAP share yet, FirePlay works like a charm. 🙂

Anonymous

Wow.

My TV ran out of Video inputs when I got Sky recently and my Mac Mini has been evicted in favour of the wife’s Wii. (Maybe she’s a Wiife?) Anyway long story short I hoped I could find someway to connect to FireFly with the Wii.

I’m so pleased to find your amazing FirePlay add-in.

I note that this thread has reached 42 pages, could we have a Wiki Section for Add-Ins, and a page in there for FirePlay with the latest version and installation instructions.

I’ll write it if you like.

Thank you again.

Stuart

Anonymous

Just a few words of praise here:

We are just redoing our living room, and I thought a DAAP Client hooked up to the TV would be pretty sweet, so I actually went out today to get one. Luckily I couldn’t find one, and then stumbled about this Flash. Works perfectly on my Wii, *many* thanks Bo!

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

Thank you for the kind words! It’s appreciated as always!

gQuigs

I also use FirePlay on the Wii. Thanks 🙂
    Got a few questions..

The setup I would like is such. Using apache to host FirePlay and then still have it automatically connect to the server. Basically I just want people to not have to type in a user name + password to play music. I have it working fine if it’s in the admin-root but not if it’s in /var/www. Any ideas?

Also, I’m not sure how much control you have over this, but can you detect what formats are supported? For instance I think Gnash (http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/) can support more than MP3.
    Thanks,
    Bryan

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@gQuigs wrote:

I also use FirePlay on the Wii. Thanks 🙂
    Got a few questions..

The setup I would like is such. Using apache to host FirePlay and then still have it automatically connect to the server. Basically I just want people to not have to type in a user name + password to play music. I have it working fine if it’s in the admin-root but not if it’s in /var/www. Any ideas?

Also, I’m not sure how much control you have over this, but can you detect what formats are supported? For instance I think Gnash (http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/) can support more than MP3.
    Thanks,
    Bryan

I haven’t tried hosting FirePlay on my apache-dist so I can’t help you there. Someone else here?

The only supported format is mp3, which is a restriction of Flash. Gnash looks interesting though, I’ll take a look at it.

/Bo

Anonymous

FirePlay is great but I have one bug to report. I guess it’s a bug.
    Why doesn’t all song show up?

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 874 total)

The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.