You are here: Home » Topic » FirePlay Flash client for FireFlypage 41

FirePlay Flash client for FireFly

This topic contains 873 replies, has 98 voices, and was last updated by  beaon 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 874 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #13871

    Bo Mellberg
    Participant

    @khopcus wrote:

    @Bo Mellberg wrote:

    It seems to be buggy if you don’t have any playlists. I will look into this.

    Is your collection purely flac? I ask since you mention transcoding. FirePlay only supports mp3:s.

    Yes…. It was my fault. The files I copied over to test were wma’s. It was having trouble with them. Once I copied over some mp3’s it streamed over the internet just fine.

    Thanks

    No problem! Glad it worked out. Regarding the first error you encounted, I just got that behaviour myself last night. It happens when FireFly tries to connect to a playlist that doesn’t exist. I’ll have to double check if the playlist cookie really points to an existing playlist.

    #13872

    wwarren
    Participant

    I’ve apparently done something wrong while installing FirePlay. When I go to http://ipaddress:3689/FirePlay.html, I get a password prompt and then a 404 error “mt-daapd: svn-1586, Error: No such file or directory”. The path on my Mybook is “/opt/mt-daapd-svn-1586/admin-root/” which contains all the Firefly admin files. Any reason why that should be causing a problem?

    #13873

    Bo Mellberg
    Participant

    @wwarren wrote:

    I’ve apparently done something wrong while installing FirePlay. When I go to http://ipaddress:3689/FirePlay.html, I get a password prompt and then a 404 error “mt-daapd: svn-1586, Error: No such file or directory”. The path on my Mybook is “/opt/mt-daapd-svn-1586/admin-root/” which contains all the Firefly admin files. Any reason why that should be causing a problem?

    Can you stream music at all? Try http://ipadress:3689/rsp/stream/1.mp3 and see if it starts streaming.

    You’re on a Mac, right? I don’t know if the html is correct for Mac. Try accessing the swf directly, using http://ipadress:3689/FirePlay.swf

    You will loose the resize functionality, but as a test it would be very informative.

    /Bo

    #13874

    Anonymous

    @Bo Mellberg wrote:

    @khopcus wrote:

    I am having the same issue. Has there been any fix for this.

    Can you tell me the output of the following http-request:

    http://www.yourserver.com:3689/rsp/db/1/genre?type=browse

    or use port 9999 if you are on windows.[/code]

    Hi Bo,
    Here is my output:



    0

    0
    37


    Alternative
    Soundtrack
    Cuban
    Ballad
    Vocal
    Pop
    Rock
    Hip-Hop
    Country
    Dance
    Children
    Christmas
    Electronica
    Folk/Rock
    Folk-Rock Folk/Rock
    Easy Listening
    Soul And R&B
    Rock & Roll
    Classical
    Blues
    Folk
    R&B
    Latin
    Soft Rock
    Pop-Folk
    Musical
    General Pop
    Jazz
    Reggae
    Genre
    World
    Rock-Pop
    Indie
    Dance Pop, Latin Pop
    Classic Rock
    Instrumental
    Oldies

    I have no playlists – is that my problem!?

    #13875

    wwarren
    Participant

    The 404 file not found error I had is fixed. Firefly is running on a WD Mybook and I was trying to access it from a PC. I searched the Mybook to see if I maybe had mt-daapd in two different places, and found I had a similar path in the /usr/local/ path. When I moved your files to there, it loads and streams just if I access it locally at 192.168.1.x, but when I try to do it from my dyndns.org address outside the local network, I get the player screen, but no music gets loaded and IE7 locks once the spinner quits spinning.

    #13876

    fr500

    Hi.

    First of all, thanks for the awesome work, FirePlay rocks!!!

    Second. I hadn’t updated since 0.6.3 i think, I installed the latest version and it locks up my browser, be it epiphany or firefox under ubuntu 7.10

    #13877

    wwarren
    Participant

    After scanning the rest of this thread, I see that my problem where the player loads, but the genre/artist/album lists don’t populate, has been reported previously. However, I only see the problem from outside the LAN. Inside the LAN, the lists populate just fine. Per one of the suggestions earlier, I added a playlist to the library and now the lists populate when connected from outside the LAN and stream properly.

    BTW, a volume control would be a welcome addition to the player.

    This is gonna be a fun app. Thanks!

    #13878

    Bo Mellberg
    Participant

    I’m gonna check to see what the playlist bug might be. The volume control on the other hand…He who seeks shall find…

    #13879

    wwarren
    Participant

    @Bo Mellberg wrote:

    The volume control on the other hand…He who seeks shall find…

    Sheesh, that’s embarrassing. How did I miss that slider. As my grandfather used to say, “if it was a snake it woulda bit me.”

    #13880

    Bo Mellberg
    Participant

    @wwarren wrote:

    “if it was a snake it woulda bit me.”

    Hehe. Snake or not, I guess you found it.

    It’s been a while since I last upped a version, but with two kids and a house it’s difficult to find the time. I’m currently retiling my basement floors, to make it more useful. Some small improvements like rollover tooltips already exists in the 0.85 version (not upped yet).

    #13881

    Anonymous

    Hi,

    my fireplay dont´t work since i installed the last version 0.84. It connect to firefly, then the flashplayer freeze 20 seconds and say: fireplay slows me down.

    Could someone help me?
    Thanks

    #13882

    Anonymous

    FirePlay runs fine on my Mac OS X Leopard (FireFly svn-1491) as long as I connect from the Mac, if I try connecting from another Mac I get error 404 Not Found – Not Authorized.

    Installed on my SLUG unslung 6.10, Firefly svn 1696 and connecting to http://slug1:3689/FirePlay.html asks me for the Admin password, then gives me 404 Not Found, Not found
    Error 404 mt-daapd: svn-1696
    Error: Permission denied

    Any ideas?

    Thanks

    #13883

    wwarren
    Participant

    Not sure if this is a bug or a network hiccup, but its consistent on v0.84. I access music on my home NAS using Fireplay from my office computer. Almost 100% of the time a song will begin loading (grey bar begins to creep right) for 1 to 10 seconds and then jumps back to the beginning and starts again, at which point the song begins to play.

    Songs are VBR, usually around 150kbps average, and my ISP upload speed is usually about 480kbps. A 3m:30s song takes about 1 minute to load completely.

    #13884

    Bo Mellberg
    Participant

    @wwarren wrote:

    Not sure if this is a bug or a network hiccup, but its consistent on v0.84. I access music on my home NAS using Fireplay from my office computer. Almost 100% of the time a song will begin loading (grey bar begins to creep right) for 1 to 10 seconds and then jumps back to the beginning and starts again, at which point the song begins to play.

    Never seen this behaviour. I stream my music to work with an upload speed of 750 kps. Sometimes the streaming takes a second or two to start but it never goes back to zero.

    My guess is a network related problem.

    #13885

    Anonymous

    @Busta123 wrote:

    FirePlay runs fine on my Mac OS X Leopard (FireFly svn-1491) as long as I connect from the Mac, if I try connecting from another Mac I get error 404 Not Found – Not Authorized.

    Installed on my SLUG unslung 6.10, Firefly svn 1696 and connecting to http://slug1:3689/FirePlay.html asks me for the Admin password, then gives me 404 Not Found, Not found
    Error 404 mt-daapd: svn-1696
    Error: Permission denied

    Any ideas?

    Thanks

    Anyone any ideas here?

    Appreciated

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 874 total)

The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.