FirePlay Flash client for FireFly

Viewing 10 posts - 371 through 380 (of 874 total)
  • Author
    Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@blamm wrote:

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

I’ll make a test.

Cool 😮

It turns out, not so cool. I have created the XSPF XML-file, set it’s mime to “application/xspf+xml” and it’s populated with the songlist contents. However, there is no way to get the file to the user. All I can do is use “XML.send” which would send the file to a web server, which means that you would have to have a server side script to take care of the xml.

Tricky.

Anonymous
    Inactive

If I open up a URL like: http:///rsp/stream/467

It opens up my mediaplayer and starts to play the song.
    Something you could do with that from FirePlay?
    Let it handle all songs as if it could play it, but if it’s not mp3, have it send the URL to a local app as soon as you hit play?

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@Franc wrote:

That’s what we’re trying to do…See above.
    @Franc wrote:

have it send the URL to a local app as soon as you hit play?

Flash does not allow you to save files to local filesystem, neither does it allow you to open up applications of your choice. All because of security issues.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

@Franc wrote:

I know, but I wasn’t thinking about sending a separate playlist, but have it create the sonlist as it does now, only as soon as the player hits a non-MP3 file while playing, it fires off a URL that you could handle locally…
    But hey, if Flash doesn’t let you do that….

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@Franc wrote:

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

@Franc wrote:

I know, but I wasn’t thinking about sending a separate playlist, but have it create the sonlist as it does now, only as soon as the player hits a non-MP3 file while playing, it fires off a URL that you could handle locally…

OK, I see what you mean now. Flash actually can fire off that URL request, but what happens then? Should I go on to the next song? I can never know when the external player has finished playing.

blamm
    Participant

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

@blamm wrote:

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

I’ll make a test.

Cool 😮

It turns out, not so cool. I have created the XSPF XML-file, set it’s mime to “application/xspf+xml” and it’s populated with the songlist contents. However, there is no way to get the file to the user. All I can do is use “XML.send” which would send the file to a web server, which means that you would have to have a server side script to take care of the xml.

Tricky.

Probably revealing my ignorance here but here is a flash based XSPF player that appears to allow you provide a URL for the song that is playing.

http://musicplayer.sourceforge.net/

The specific page is here

http://musicplayer.sourceforge.net/test/info-test.html

blamm
    Participant

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

@Franc wrote:

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

@Franc wrote:

OK, I see what you mean now. Flash actually can fire off that URL request, but what happens then? Should I go on to the next song? I can never know when the external player has finished playing.

Not really expecting Fireplay to interact with the external player or fire off URLs automatically but just to provide a URL to a playlist or song that the user can select manually.

The scenario would simply be.

1. Use Fireplay to find and display the song or songs in the songlist
    2. Click on the link to the song or songlist to launch in an external player.
    3. Use the external player to play the song(s)
    4. Rinse and repeat.

To reduce the interaction between Fireplay and the external player the links would be available for all songs (mp3 or not)

Ta

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@blamm wrote:

Probably revealing my ignorance here but here is a flash based XSPF player that appears to allow you provide a URL for the song that is playing.

http://musicplayer.sourceforge.net/

The specific page is here

http://musicplayer.sourceforge.net/test/info-test.html

Exactly. Loading XML and producing an “in Flash Playlist” and playing songs from within Flash is no problem, in fact that’s what FirePlay is doing today. It’s the other way around that is tricky.

The linked player uses Flash 7, which enables customized context menus. As FirePlay is written in Flash 6 I don’t have that option.

I can provide a link for “download selected songs”, but I can not generate the playlist file, and make that playlist file downloadable.

blamm
    Participant

Ah well. Thanks for trying.

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@blamm wrote:

Ah well. Thanks for trying.

How about I display the XSPF-file in a multiline text window, from which you can copy/paste the playlist? You’d have to save it as txt and then changing it to application/xspf+xml though…

Viewing 10 posts - 371 through 380 (of 874 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.