FirePlay Flash client for FireFly

Viewing 10 posts - 331 through 340 (of 874 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Another one.
    Is there any chance to get FirePlay working without using the admin password?
    I want to give my bandmates access to my Libary to have them listen to songs I want to play.

How can I accomplish this without giving them my admin password?
    If they find out the URL to the admin pages they could ruin my FireFly setup (not saying they will, but hey, you know what they say about drummers ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

Anonymous
    Inactive

The v0.65 works juste fine on my Wii.
    Thanks for this great software

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@Franc wrote:

Another one.
    I want to give my bandmates access to my Libary to have them listen to songs I want to play.

If they find out the URL to the admin pages they could ruin my FireFly setup (not saying they will, but hey, you know what they say about drummers ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

My guess is, if you put it on your normal webserver (apache, cherokee) they will not need the admin password. You need to hard code the server and port into the html. Put the three files in a .htaccess-covered folder on your webserver.

blamm
    Participant

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

@blamm wrote:

Hi,

Any chance you could make the songlist sortable by clicking on the headers, and may be allow me to sort by “date added”. I use this view a lot on my Roku

It was sortable before but I removed it. Once you click on a header there is no way back to the original sort unless you make the query again, by clicking in the album list. But I can enable it again if you want it.

I’m not really happy about adding more columns. Perhaps there is another way of doing what you want? A drop down list with the different sorting options?

Dont do anything for now. I dont want to over complicate the GUI. Maybe I should make a shorter “added recently” playlist.

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@tebra wrote:

The v0.65 works juste fine on my Wii.
    Thanks for this great software

Great! Thanks for letting me know!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

@Franc wrote:

Another one.

My guess is, if you put it on your normal webserver (apache, cherokee) they will not need the admin password. You need to hard code the server and port into the html. Put the three files in a .htaccess-covered folder on your webserver.

YEP. Works like a charm.
    Running on port 80 and no login.
    I do have to keep my daap port opened up tho otherwise it will not connect. Is there no way that FirePlay connects ‘internally’ to FirePlay so I could use localhost and not open up the port in my firewall?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Something about playlists….

When I select a Playlist, I see how many and which genres are contained, how many an which artist and the same for albums.
    However, the list of songs remains empty until I select an album.

Wouldn’t it be more intuitive if all songs that are part of a playlist be in de songs list automatically, with the first one selected so all you’d have to do is hit play?

Playlists containing multiple albums are pretty much useless because you’d have to select each individual album anyway before it plays.

Just my thoughts.

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@Franc wrote:

Something about playlists….

When I select a Playlist, I see how many and which genres are contained, how many an which artist and the same for albums.
    However, the list of songs remains empty until I select an album.

Wouldn’t it be more intuitive if all songs that are part of a playlist be in de songs list automatically, with the first one selected so all you’d have to do is hit play?

Playlists containing multiple albums are pretty much useless because you’d have to select each individual album anyway before it plays.

Just my thoughts.

You need to scroll back a few pages and read up a bit, both on the “all songs” thing and the auto select of song nbr one. The first is not possible yet, the second is because of a bug which has no fix yet.

Anonymous
    Inactive

So sorry, I thought I read it all.

I also thought that in an early version, the first song was selected as soon as an album was selected?

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@Franc wrote:

So sorry, I thought I read it all.

I also thought that in an early version, the first song was selected as soon as an album was selected?

It was until recently, because it’s almost unreadable as the text refuses to change to white on autoselect. You have to click on it to be able to see it, which I consider to be worse than having to double click it to start playing.

Viewing 10 posts - 331 through 340 (of 874 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.