FirePlay Flash client for FireFly

Viewing 10 posts - 311 through 320 (of 874 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I like the new GUI!

I noticed that when I select an artist with songs which has no album definied I can’t get to the songs.

It would be nice to be able to double-click on All albums to get the songs listed. Or something similar.

/Fredrik

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@wahlis wrote:

I like the new GUI!

I noticed that when I select an artist with songs which has no album definied I can’t get to the songs.

It would be nice to be able to double-click on All albums to get the songs listed. Or something similar.

/Fredrik

The album thing is on my todo. The “All albums” is put on hold.

ColinBox

Great piece of software.
    But, I have a problem with albums with the same title. For example, “Greatest Hits”. When I select Artist and then Album I get tracks listed for all albume with the name Greatest Hits and not just the Artist selected.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@wahlis wrote:

I too have run into this problem. Perhaps if the album tag is not found the tracks can me moved to an “(unknown)” entry in the album column?

To avoid potential slowdowns caused my a multitude of tracks from various artists with no album tags trying to load all at once, would it be reasonable to only have the “(unknown)” show in the albums column once an artist has been selected? In other words, maybe the “(unknown)” entry shouldn’t show up by default, only after an artist selection has been made… if that makes sense.

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@ColinBox wrote:

Great piece of software.
    But, I have a problem with albums with the same title. For example, “Greatest Hits”. When I select Artist and then Album I get tracks listed for all albume with the name Greatest Hits and not just the Artist selected.

Is this just with a certain playlist, or does it occur on the library as well? I have problems with the static playlists for some reason.

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

@ColinBox wrote:

Great piece of software.

Is this just with a certain playlist, or does it occur on the library as well? I have problems with the static playlists for some reason.

Never mind, I found a flaw in the song query. It will be fixed asap.

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

New version.

Fixes empty album tags by listing the when “All albums” is selected. NB “All artists” cannot be selected at the same time. If you want to force it, select all artists by shift-click, then “All albums”

“Fixes” the not white text issue by simply not autoselecting the first song. 🙂

blamm
    Participant

@raintheory wrote:

@wahlis wrote:

I too have run into this problem. Perhaps if the album tag is not found the tracks can me moved to an “(unknown)” entry in the album column?

To avoid potential slowdowns caused my a multitude of tracks from various artists with no album tags trying to load all at once, would it be reasonable to only have the “(unknown)” show in the albums column once an artist has been selected? In other words, maybe the “(unknown)” entry shouldn’t show up by default, only after an artist selection has been made… if that makes sense.

How about a “No Albums….” entry?

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@blamm wrote:

How about a “No Albums….” entry?

Sorry, no can do.

I use the browse feature of rsp to get genres, artists and albums. If any of these tags should be missing in the id3, it is simply not returned on the browse query, because the xml entry doesn’t exist.

A workaround would be to get song info for all of the three above, but that would result in a lot of unnessecary data.

A better workaround is to tag your songs properly! 8)

blamm
    Participant

OK. I wonder what the convention is for songs with no album. I will do a little research…

Viewing 10 posts - 311 through 320 (of 874 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.