FirePlay Flash client for FireFly

Viewing 10 posts - 291 through 300 (of 874 total)
  • Author
    Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@n00ben wrote:

How can you disagree with me on this one? I don’t mean horisontically but vertically…

Then I agree. But you sure made it hard to get your point.

@n00ben wrote:

Regarding the layout, perhaps it could be different depending on the screen resolution? I’m running 1600*1200 and 1800*1440 depending on which machine I’m at, so I would like the different tables to be bigger, I got room for it…

Flash doesn’t work that way. You have to specify a certain w x h at author time. In my case I have set it to 800 x 600, which would fit most browsers.

blamm
    Participant

Hi Bo.

I would like to suggest a few cosmetic changes that would clean up the presentation a bit. Hope you don’t mind.

– Put the search box next to the progress bar rather than below it (perhaps put your “tag” in one line across the top right.
    – Make the status bar and it’s border the same light blue color as the search box etc
    – Make the songlist column dividers the same light blue colour as the border.
    – Remove the songlist header gradient and make it one colour
    – Make the “select” colour in the songlist the same dark blue as the “select” in the other windows .

Ta

Anonymous
    Inactive

first of all this little gem works great on my PC!
    i am trying to open it on an Archos media player which has some sort of opera on it – http://www.opera.com/products/devices/archos/

The fireplay webpage opens but the flash boxes flash on and off and it never connects and allows me to play the music. possibly an old version of flash???

Is there anything i could do to get it to work because it would be very useful!
    thanks ๐Ÿ™‚
    im using 0.63

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@pjlm wrote:

first of all this little gem works great on my PC!
    i am trying to open it on an Archos media player which has some sort of opera on it – http://www.opera.com/products/devices/archos/

The fireplay webpage opens but the flash boxes flash on and off and it never connects and allows me to play the music. possibly an old version of flash???

Is there anything i could do to get it to work because it would be very useful!
    thanks ๐Ÿ™‚
    im using 0.63

This is one thing that really interests me. If we could get it to work on portable devices we could make a “handheld variant” of FirePlay. Then you could use your portable device as a “Sonos” remote (even though the Sonos system is really a lot more comprehensive).

Please everyone with handhelds, keep trying and come with suggestions on how to fix your problems.

sonichouse
    Participant

@pjlm wrote:

Same issue as my PSP

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

This is one thing that really interests me. If we could get it to work on portable devices …Please everyone with handhelds, keep trying and come with suggestions on how to fix your problems.

Perhaps we could have a debug page which displays device capabilities ?
    Maybe a step by step connection with a [next] button to see how far it gets ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

i think a player for portable devices would be a very good feature. I could try out possible fixes if you have any ideas for why it doesnt work?
    Would be amazing to get at thousands of songs from a random wireless hotspot with a portable media player.

I think for this to work properly there may have to be some kind of transcoding to 128kbit or similar to allow for bandwidth restrictions. one thing at a time tho eh!

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@blamm wrote:

Hi Bo.

I would like to suggest a few cosmetic changes that would clean up the presentation a bit. Hope you don’t mind.

– Put the search box next to the progress bar rather than below it (perhaps put your “tag” in one line across the top right.
    – Make the status bar and it’s border the same light blue color as the search box etc
    – Make the songlist column dividers the same light blue colour as the border.
    – Remove the songlist header gradient and make it one colour
    – Make the “select” colour in the songlist the same dark blue as the “select” in the other windows .

Ta

All above is now implemented. The gradient removal was a bit tricky since it’s not set by a normal CSS-style. One thing that still bugs me is that the text of the first song is not automatically set to white when you click an album. If you click the song the text turns white. Very annoying.

Other new things are volumeslider and seek possibility, as suggested by Henrik. Also, the text in the search frame is now centered vertically ๐Ÿ˜›

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

@n00ben wrote:

Regarding the layout, perhaps it could be different depending on the screen resolution? I’m running 1600*1200 and 1800*1440 depending on which machine I’m at, so I would like the different tables to be bigger, I got room for it…

Flash doesn’t work that way. You have to specify a certain w x h at author time. In my case I have set it to 800 x 600, which would fit most browsers.

I have read up on this subject and it turns out I was wrong! There are way to handle resizes of the Flash area. I’ll try to see what I can do.

blamm
    Participant

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

All above is now implemented…

Wow. I think this is the best service I have ever received for software. Thanks again.

sonichouse
    Participant

Fast work – well done.

A small suggestion if I may – the volume control was not immediately obvious to me.
    Could you put a small speaker icon next to it ?

Viewing 10 posts - 291 through 300 (of 874 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.