FirePlay Flash client for FireFly

Viewing 10 posts - 271 through 280 (of 874 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok, thx

I think you’re right sonic … it is worth to think about a version check

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

I’m running svn-1586 myself. Installed using apt-get in Ubuntu. Works perfectly.

OT: Wohoo! A hundred posts!

sonichouse
    Participant

Hi Bo,

I have been trying to hack the .js script to better support my PSP.

The PSP supports “Shockwave Flash 6.0 r72”. I got some more info from http://www.brothercake.com/site/resources/reference/psp/#flash.

I tried

// PSP supports Flash 6
    else if (navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase().indexOf("playstation portable") != -1) flashVer = 6;

but that did not help ๐Ÿ™

Any ideas ?

[edit]
    I notice form here http://www.flashdevices.net/2006/04/sony-psp-flash-player-6-supported.html that

Continuous connection and communication with the server using the XMLSocket feature is not supported.

The communication feature between JavaScript and Flash Player plug-ins is not supported.

I assume that is not good news
    [/edit]

Iris
    Participant

I’ve been testing the last couple of versions and I must say I’m impressed. If Ron gets other codecs to transcode to mp3 it’ll be hard to beat.

One thing that I haven’t read through all 18 pages was the login credentials being restricted to the admin password. I would of thought one could of just used the music sharing password. I’m not missing something am I?? I’d really like to see that so I could share my music with family.

Iris

fizze
    Participant

I saw some glitch on mt-daapd svn-1586 that caused my slug to be very busy with lots of broken pipes in the logfile. Since mt-daapd was down, I ceased the opportunity to upgrade, and with 1696 it seems to be fine. ๐Ÿ™‚

Great work. I’ve just integrated it into the rest of the firefly web stuff, and its awesome. 8)

Anonymous
    Inactive

In contrast do other experiences I have to say that FirePlay 0.61 works suberb with the Wii-Opera Browser.

Only one thing is different. The sort sequence of the titles in the song field is in lexical order on the Wii (1,10,11,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9), while it is in numerical order on all my other machines (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11).

I don’t know if this is a small or a big issue, but of course it would be nice if the sort order is the same (numeric) on all machines.

@Bo: Outstanding work!

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@sonichouse wrote:

Hi Bo,

I have been trying to hack the .js script to better support my PSP.

The PSP supports “Shockwave Flash 6.0 r72”. I got some more info from http://www.brothercake.com/site/resources/reference/psp/#flash.

I tried

// PSP supports Flash 6
    else if (navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase().indexOf("playstation portable") != -1) flashVer = 6;

but that did not help ๐Ÿ™

Any ideas ?

[edit]
    I notice form here http://www.flashdevices.net/2006/04/sony-psp-flash-player-6-supported.html that

Continuous connection and communication with the server using the XMLSocket feature is not supported.

The communication feature between JavaScript and Flash Player plug-ins is not supported.

I assume that is not good news
    [/edit]

Hi!

First of all, I don’t think you really need the .js at all. It’s just a way of determining the clients player version. Actually this should be enough:

Regarding the last bit, I don’t use class XMLSocket at all. That’s for creating open socket connections between parties with low net usage, as in a chat session or perhaps a chess game. I only use the two classes XML and XMLNode, the first one to load the data, the other to traverse the XML tree.

The only thing I can think of is that I have set the playback rate to 25 and according to your references, only 18-24 is allowed. I have lowered it to 20 for you to try out. It shouldn’t help but you never know. For FirePlay it really doesn’t matter.

/Bo

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@Nightvision wrote:

In contrast do other experiences I have to say that FirePlay 0.61 works suberb with the Wii-Opera Browser.

Only one thing is different. The sort sequence of the titles in the song field is in lexical order on the Wii (1,10,11,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9), while it is in numerical order on all my other machines (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11).

I don’t know if this is a small or a big issue, but of course it would be nice if the sort order is the same (numeric) on all machines.

@Bo: Outstanding work!

That behaviour is really beyond me. I have no idea why it acts that way. Perhaps the order code:

_root.songsdp.sortItemsBy(["Album", "Discnbr", "Nbr"], ["ASC", Array.NUMERIC, Array.NUMERIC]);

which sorts by Album (alphabetically), DiscNbr (numeric) and Nbr (numeric) is not supported on the Wii Flash player?

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@Iris wrote:

I’ve been testing the last couple of versions and I must say I’m impressed. If Ron gets other codecs to transcode to mp3 it’ll be hard to beat.

One thing that I haven’t read through all 18 pages was the login credentials being restricted to the admin password. I would of thought one could of just used the music sharing password. I’m not missing something am I?? I’d really like to see that so I could share my music with family.

Iris

I have never used the music password myself so I’m afraid I can’t help you. All I can thik of is:

If you don’t want to use the admin password, you can’t put FirePlay in the admin-root folder. It has to be outside, running on another web-server i presume (apache, cherokee…)

Perhaps Ron can enlighten me (us) on how the music password is used during the rsp session?

sonichouse
    Participant

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

The only thing I can think of is that I have set the playback rate to 25 and according to your references, only 18-24 is allowed. I have lowered it to 20 for you to try out. It shouldn’t help but you never know. For FirePlay it really doesn’t matter.
    /Bo

I still get the flashing disco controls – which never populate.

Oh well – thanks for trying anyway.

/Steve

Viewing 10 posts - 271 through 280 (of 874 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.