FirePlay Flash client for FireFly

Viewing 10 posts - 211 through 220 (of 874 total)
  • Author
    Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@Franc wrote:

Couldnn’t you somehow use the built-in Smart Playlist functionality somehow?

I never use playlists myself. How do the smart playlists work?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Part of the firefly webpage.

Basically, you build a playlist from a query (like artist = “Van Halen” AND artist = “Steve Vai”) and it builds a playlist containing songs that match the criteria. It’s also dynamic.

If you could make a button that adds to the query the relevant data of the song or album you are currently pointing at , you’re halfway there…
    Then if you hit play, it plays that smart playlist. If you don’t use the button but simply point at an album or song, it plays that like it does now.
    You;d have to delete the smart playlist somehow tho…

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

OK. That’s worth looking into. I’d have to make a special playlist for FirePlay which would be automatically deleted upon startup and replaced with your “adding” actions.

Or, I construct my own playlist queue. I haven’t decided.

Meanwhile, try out the new search function! It just adds items to the songlist. If you make a search with a lot of results, you’re going to be a waiting man…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Cooool 8)

So is this so much different from creating a playlist by the way?

When you hit that Search button, you create a query using the search and the result is added to the Song list box. What if that box was an extra box showing the ‘virtual playlist’?

EDIT: Love the new font too!

sonichouse
    Participant

@Franc wrote:

Part of the firefly webpage.

Basically, you build a playlist from a query (like artist = “Van Halen” AND artist = “Steve Vai”) and it builds a playlist containing songs that match the criteria. It’s also dynamic.

The wiki entry for the format is here http://wiki.fireflymediaserver.org/Smart_playlists

Adding playlists and manipulating them is here http://wiki.mt-daapd.org/wiki/XML_Client_API#mt-daapd_extensions

/Steve

blamm
    Participant

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

Probably a “virtual playlist” is the best way, with possibility to add songs and albums to it is the best. If you have other ideas, please keep them coming./Bo

Exactly how I see it. Have a virtual playlist (currently playing?) that contains all the things that are queued for playing. That is selectable from the “source” window and displays in the “songlist”. Songs are queued by selecting them from the Artist, Album or current songlist.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Here’s a good one…

I have an inordinate amount of my own recordings (jam sessions & stuff) in my shared library, but I do not have any tags for “Album” for most of them.

As such, they do not show up anywhere in FirePlay…

Could there be an entry perhaps in the “Album” section for “(missing)” or something like that where they could show up?

Thanks for yr awesome work!

sonichouse
    Participant

Until Ron manages to sort out transcoding for all the other formats, could we limit FirePlay to return only mp3 files.

I tried this on my server and it worked OK

curl GET "http://slug:3689/databases/1/browse/albums?output=readable&query='daap.songformat:mp3'"

Just a thought 😕

blamm
    Participant

@raintheory wrote:

could we limit FirePlay to return only mp3 files.

I use a smart playlist

path includes "mp3"
    blamm
    Participant

@raintheory wrote:

Here’s a good one…

I have an inordinate amount of my own recordings (jam sessions & stuff) in my shared library, but I do not have any tags for “Album” for most of them.

As such, they do not show up anywhere in FirePlay…

Could there be an entry perhaps in the “Album” section for “(missing)” or something like that where they could show up?

Thanks for yr awesome work!

I have songs with no Album.. The artist appears in the “Artist” panel with an “All 0 Albums” entry in the Album panel but nothing in the “Songlist” panel.

Viewing 10 posts - 211 through 220 (of 874 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.