FirePlay Flash client for FireFly

Viewing 10 posts - 201 through 210 (of 874 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s asking for a password πŸ˜€

sonichouse
    Participant

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

@Franc wrote:

It’s connecting to your server πŸ˜‰

LOL to both of you!!

I need to find a way to be able to run it from the inside of the Flash Dev without having to hack the serverstring every time.

Just out of curiosity: is it really connecting, or does it ask for password? If it does connect that could be the reason for my slow net these days πŸ™‚

It asks for a user/password.
    Looks like mt-daapd/mt-daapd doesn’t work πŸ˜†

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@Franc wrote:

It’s asking for a password πŸ˜€

Thanks. I don’t wanna be providing the whole community with free music. Or, better yet, I do, but it’s kind of illegal.

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@sonichouse wrote:

It asks for a user/password.
    Looks like mt-daapd/mt-daapd doesn’t work πŸ˜†

Keep trying… πŸ™‚

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s not ‘firefly’ either… πŸ˜†

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

I have a solution to my forgetting the server string. I check for undefined values in host and port and if true, I set my own server. If they equal “” it does the automatic host and port, and if they are set to something else I use that.

This means that if you want it to be automatically set, you need to put “?host=&port=” in your html.

I’ll remove it when code updates are less frequent.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s working like a charm πŸ™‚

Never would have guessed I’d be able to listen to my entire music collection while at work (using a tunnel through Putty).

Bo, there’s one thing high on my list of requests.
    I’d like to know how eneryone feels about this.

Usually when I am listening to a song, I start browsing for something to listen to next. Currently this messes up the songlist-to-be-played, because there’s only one box showing songs on the ‘to be played’ list that immediately gets updated with the songs of the album you’re browsing through.

I am not sure what the solution should be tho. Maybe there should be a separate list of songs-to-be-played that gets populated when you hit an ‘Add Song’ or ‘Add Album’ button or something and a way to show the list that has been made.

Maybe that’s waaaay beyond what’s possible, I don’t know, but like I said, it’s high on my list πŸ˜€

Other than that, this app is just simply great, thanks for all the hard work so far!

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@Franc wrote:

Usually when I am listening to a song, I start browsing for something to listen to next. Currently this messes up the songlist-to-be-played, because there’s only one box showing songs on the ‘to be played’ list that immediately gets updated with the songs of the album you’re browsing through.

This is a “problem” that consumes much of my brain these days. I don’t think I’ll be able to solve it without an “enqueue”-function. But what to enqueue to? Probably a “virtual playlist” is the best way, with possibility to add songs and albums to it is the best. If you have other ideas, please keep them coming.

/Bo

sonichouse
    Participant

The soundbridge has a “now playing” queue which you can add to.

itunes has the concept of an “on the fly” playlist.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Couldnn’t you somehow use the built-in Smart Playlist functionality somehow?

Viewing 10 posts - 201 through 210 (of 874 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.