FirePlay Flash client for FireFly

  • This topic has 873 replies, 99 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by beaon.
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 874 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #13556
    sonichouse
    Participant

    Cool, 0.63 works a treat.

    #13557
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    I have some requests and som bugs, most you are probably aware of and some are easily fixed, others not 😛

    Anyways, here goes:

    – Searchbox should be responsive to ‘Enter key’

    – After search is completed, songs should be listed instead of me having to press an album (until the ‘show All (nnn) album’ is fixed, could you autoselect the first album? Or perhaps all of them automatically?

    – Center the text you write in the search box

    – Please make the windows bigger, for easier browsing. I for one would like the ‘Playlist’ to be taller.

    – Center the swf to the middle of the homepage, both vertical and horisontal

    – Would be nice to be able to spool in a song, by clicking on the progressbar

    – Add a volume slider

    – When I press a key the Artist window correctly goes to that key, but it would be nice that it worked like in iTunes where you can type eg. ‘TR’ then selected artist is ‘Tr***’ not ‘R*’

    and thanks for a briliant add-on for mt-daapd 🙂

    /regards
    Henrik

    #13558
    Bo Mellberg
    Participant

    @n00ben wrote:

    I have some requests and som bugs, most you are probably aware of and some are easily fixed, others not 😛

    OK.

    – Searchbox should be responsive to ‘Enter key’

    Agree.

    – After search is completed, songs should be listed instead of me having to press an album (until the ‘show All (nnn) album’ is fixed, could you autoselect the first album? Or perhaps all of them automatically?

    The reason for not doing this is that if you accidently type for example a single “t” and searches, it would leave the application unresponsive. Until the sorted queries are finished I can’t enable that feature, if I want to sort the albums numerically, which I do. 🙂 I’ll give you the first album though!

    – Center the text you write in the search box

    Oh, please no.

    – Please make the windows bigger, for easier browsing. I for one would like the ‘Playlist’ to be taller.

    The layout is always a matter of discussion. Some use the playlist window a lot, others browse by genre a lot, which is more important?

    – Center the swf to the middle of the homepage, both vertical and horisontal

    You can do that yourself if you hack some tables into the html. As it is autogenerated from Flash, I haven’t touched the layout. Perhaps FirePlay goes into the web interface in the future.

    – Would be nice to be able to spool in a song, by clicking on the progressbar.

    Awesome. I’ll try.

    – Add a volume slider

    You got it.

    – When I press a key the Artist window correctly goes to that key, but it would be nice that it worked like in iTunes where you can type eg. ‘TR’ then selected artist is ‘Tr***’ not ‘R*’

    I’m afraid Flash is not as intelligent as most OS are. Changing that behaviour is a bit time consuming at the moment, as I would have to take care of the typing events myself.

    and thanks for a briliant add-on for mt-daapd 🙂

    Thank you for using it!

    #13559
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    – Center the text you write in the search box

    Oh, please no.

    How can you disagree with me on this one? I don’t mean horisontically but vertically…

    – Please make the windows bigger, for easier browsing. I for one would like the ‘Playlist’ to be taller.

    Regarding the layout, perhaps it could be different depending on the screen resolution? I’m running 1600*1200 and 1800*1440 depending on which machine I’m at, so I would like the different tables to be bigger, I got room for it…

    – Center the swf to the middle of the homepage, both vertical and horisontal

    I’m aware I can do it myself (and have done so), it would just be better if it came ‘out-of-the-box’.

    /regards
    Henrik

    #13560
    blamm
    Participant

    – Center the swf to the middle of the homepage, both vertical and horisontal

    Wouldn’t this make the Firefly page look a bit daft? Better to leave it where it is so it sits next to the Firefly menus.

    Actually when it is finally properly integrated with Firefly it would be nice to have a pop-out function (Like Google reader has next to videos). This would allow the user to “separate” the player from the Firefly pages. In this configuration it would be centred.

    #13561
    Bo Mellberg
    Participant

    @n00ben wrote:

    How can you disagree with me on this one? I don’t mean horisontically but vertically…

    Then I agree. But you sure made it hard to get your point.

    @n00ben wrote:

    Regarding the layout, perhaps it could be different depending on the screen resolution? I’m running 1600*1200 and 1800*1440 depending on which machine I’m at, so I would like the different tables to be bigger, I got room for it…

    Flash doesn’t work that way. You have to specify a certain w x h at author time. In my case I have set it to 800 x 600, which would fit most browsers.

    #13562
    blamm
    Participant

    Hi Bo.

    I would like to suggest a few cosmetic changes that would clean up the presentation a bit. Hope you don’t mind.

    – Put the search box next to the progress bar rather than below it (perhaps put your “tag” in one line across the top right.
    – Make the status bar and it’s border the same light blue color as the search box etc
    – Make the songlist column dividers the same light blue colour as the border.
    – Remove the songlist header gradient and make it one colour
    – Make the “select” colour in the songlist the same dark blue as the “select” in the other windows .

    Ta

    #13563
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    first of all this little gem works great on my PC!
    i am trying to open it on an Archos media player which has some sort of opera on it – http://www.opera.com/products/devices/archos/

    The fireplay webpage opens but the flash boxes flash on and off and it never connects and allows me to play the music. possibly an old version of flash???

    Is there anything i could do to get it to work because it would be very useful!
    thanks 🙂
    im using 0.63

    #13564
    Bo Mellberg
    Participant

    @pjlm wrote:

    first of all this little gem works great on my PC!
    i am trying to open it on an Archos media player which has some sort of opera on it – http://www.opera.com/products/devices/archos/

    The fireplay webpage opens but the flash boxes flash on and off and it never connects and allows me to play the music. possibly an old version of flash???

    Is there anything i could do to get it to work because it would be very useful!
    thanks 🙂
    im using 0.63

    This is one thing that really interests me. If we could get it to work on portable devices we could make a “handheld variant” of FirePlay. Then you could use your portable device as a “Sonos” remote (even though the Sonos system is really a lot more comprehensive).

    Please everyone with handhelds, keep trying and come with suggestions on how to fix your problems.

    #13565
    sonichouse
    Participant

    @pjlm wrote:

    The fireplay webpage opens but the flash boxes flash on and off and it never connects and allows me to play the music. possibly an old version of flash???

    Same issue as my PSP

    @Bo Mellberg wrote:

    This is one thing that really interests me. If we could get it to work on portable devices …Please everyone with handhelds, keep trying and come with suggestions on how to fix your problems.

    Perhaps we could have a debug page which displays device capabilities ?
    Maybe a step by step connection with a [next] button to see how far it gets ?

    #13566
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    i think a player for portable devices would be a very good feature. I could try out possible fixes if you have any ideas for why it doesnt work?
    Would be amazing to get at thousands of songs from a random wireless hotspot with a portable media player.

    I think for this to work properly there may have to be some kind of transcoding to 128kbit or similar to allow for bandwidth restrictions. one thing at a time tho eh!

    #13567
    Bo Mellberg
    Participant

    @blamm wrote:

    Hi Bo.

    I would like to suggest a few cosmetic changes that would clean up the presentation a bit. Hope you don’t mind.

    – Put the search box next to the progress bar rather than below it (perhaps put your “tag” in one line across the top right.
    – Make the status bar and it’s border the same light blue color as the search box etc
    – Make the songlist column dividers the same light blue colour as the border.
    – Remove the songlist header gradient and make it one colour
    – Make the “select” colour in the songlist the same dark blue as the “select” in the other windows .

    Ta

    All above is now implemented. The gradient removal was a bit tricky since it’s not set by a normal CSS-style. One thing that still bugs me is that the text of the first song is not automatically set to white when you click an album. If you click the song the text turns white. Very annoying.

    Other new things are volumeslider and seek possibility, as suggested by Henrik. Also, the text in the search frame is now centered vertically 😛

    #13568
    Bo Mellberg
    Participant

    @Bo Mellberg wrote:

    @n00ben wrote:

    Regarding the layout, perhaps it could be different depending on the screen resolution? I’m running 1600*1200 and 1800*1440 depending on which machine I’m at, so I would like the different tables to be bigger, I got room for it…

    Flash doesn’t work that way. You have to specify a certain w x h at author time. In my case I have set it to 800 x 600, which would fit most browsers.

    I have read up on this subject and it turns out I was wrong! There are way to handle resizes of the Flash area. I’ll try to see what I can do.

    #13569
    blamm
    Participant

    @Bo Mellberg wrote:

    All above is now implemented…

    Wow. I think this is the best service I have ever received for software. Thanks again.

    #13570
    sonichouse
    Participant

    Fast work – well done.

    A small suggestion if I may – the volume control was not immediately obvious to me.
    Could you put a small speaker icon next to it ?

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 874 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.