FirePlay Flash client for FireFly

Viewing 10 posts - 171 through 180 (of 874 total)
  • Author
    sonichouse
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

Oh, and would you consider putting the version number somewhere in the ui so people could report versions?

— Ron

The version number is already displayed on the top right of the UI.

blamm
    Participant

Can I suggest you make a link inside the player to the latest version? Perhaps use the version no?

sonichouse
    Participant

Could we have an option to toggle the skin ?.

I preferred the original colour scheme, as that is more in keeping with the rest of the firefly web pages.

/Steve

blamm
    Participant

That would be good. Personally I would like to see it use the house Firefly style. Perhaps even embedded in a Firefly page with the regular menus etc so that you can get at other pages easily. Much like the existing playlist page but with player controls.

e.g. http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/toaster/mockup2.png

blamm
    Participant

@tebra wrote:

On my Wii (Opera + flash v7), FlashDAAP v0.52 connect ton my server, display correcly and start to retrive the song/artist list from it. But befor the end of that prosses the Wii give me an error “not enough memory for flash applicaton”.
    And sometimes the Wii juste freez.

Yeah. I noticed that. The Wii doesn’t have a lot of memory, try streaming video to it!

sonichouse
    Participant

@blamm wrote:

That would be good. Personally I would like to see it use the house Firefly style. Perhaps even embedded in a Firefly page with the regular menus etc so that you can get at other pages easily.

If you feel brave edit hdr.html and add to the list on line 53 the following

• FlashDAAP
  • Then edit FlashDAAP.html and add the stylesheet and include like this

@include hdr.html@

FlashDAAP
    AC_FL_RunContent = 0;

Finally add the following as the last line of FlashDAAP.html

@include ftr.html@
    blamm
    Participant

Thanks. That worked a treat.

Bo.. Any chance of making it look a bit more like the stuff on the playlist page??? 😉

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@blamm wrote:

Bo.. Any chance of making it look like the playlist page??? 😉

Absolutely. I was just playing around, trying to make it look nice.

I haven’t looked in to it much, but I think most of the things in Flash can be CSS customized. Perhaps this can be a way to make it “skinnable”, using an external CSS file.

Ron: Include it if you feel it does the job better than the java one. The code is all yours. Do you want to handle it on your project page? If we had the source for this Flash client in the same spot as the Firefly server could I work with it directly towards that address, making the nightlies always contain the latest version?

Also, since this is no longer based on DAAP, I suggest a name change to “FireFlash”. Perhaps the version numbers can be the same as those for FireFly? (FireFlash svn-1586 etc)

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

@HOST@ and @PORT@ get automatically substituted when they get streamed out of the embedded web server. So if they could be set as parameters in the flashdaap.html, then it could get automatically set.

There is a new version making the host and port “per client settable”. It includes an update to the html to this:

FlashDAAP.html (edited lines):

'movie', 'FlashDAAP?host=@HOST@&port=@PORT@',

As you see above, to be sure this works on as many platforms as possible, you need to update your host and port info in three places. Also, I tried to use @HOST@ and @PORT@ in those places, but @PORT@ did not bite. Don’t know why because @HOST@ worked just fine… If you need this working NOW (until Ron tells use what to use instead of @PORT@ just fill in your server and port needs and the Flash code will parse them. If you are happy with “auto mode” just set them both empty, like this:

'movie', 'FlashDAAP?host=&port=',

/Bo

sonichouse
    Participant

Hi Bo,

made all the changes, and the web page said conecting to slug:@PORT@

if I set them to &host=&port= it worked fine.

Viewing 10 posts - 171 through 180 (of 874 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.