FirePlay Flash client for FireFly

Viewing 10 posts - 131 through 140 (of 874 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

One small thing tho… I have a smart playlist that selects everything from 1 artist. When I click on it, the Artist field defaults to All 1 artists and therefore the Album field defaults to the first Album only. Therefore only Songs from that album are in the list. However, when I select that 1 Artist from the Artist field, it takes me to all songs.

Is that how it’s supposed to be?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great, the Play/Pause works!

Only, when I select a new song while one is playing, I can’t start it. I can only Play/Pause the current song.

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

Yes, as I said, the play button bugs me a bit. I think I will make a pause button as well and skip the toggle.

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@Franc wrote:

One small thing tho… I have a smart playlist that selects everything from 1 artist. When I click on it, the Artist field defaults to All 1 artists and therefore the Album field defaults to the first Album only. Therefore only Songs from that album are in the list. However, when I select that 1 Artist from the Artist field, it takes me to all songs.

Is that how it’s supposed to be?

Hmm, clearly if there is just one artist in the list the (All 1 artists…) is obsolete and it should default to that single artist. The same with the album list…

blamm
    Participant

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

I dont get this behaviour. Are you saying that if you select a playlist, only tracks from the first album in that playlist are shown?…

Yes. Like this

I would expect an “All 47 Artists…” entry to appear for the playlist selected above so that I could use it to display all the songs in the playlist and navigate, sort and play them.

BTW. How about being able to sort by date added. Or even being able to add columns to the playlist……. 😉

blamm
    Participant

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

Yes, as I said, the play button bugs me a bit. I think I will make a pause button as well and skip the toggle.

Perhaps you could hold fire for a mo…. iTunes, Songbird and a quite a few other players use the 3 button model. I will take a look and see how they deal with the “play a new song while the current one is paused” scenario.

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

Ok I understand your request.

This requires that I implement indexed browsing though, like in the playlist.html, the song list is populated as you scroll it, sending a query to the database as you move the scroll bar. This is to reduce the amount of data the client has to ask for even though the song list could be 50.000 in length.

I haven’t gotten into this yet, and I think it requires a bit event triggering and populating the songlist with blanks first.

blamm
    Participant

OK. Thanks

blamm
    Participant

The play button bugs me. I don’t really like the behaviour with toggle to pause. How do you start a new song when you have one on pause?

In iTunes (on XP) it’s Double Click to start playing a new song (or a Pause/Play/Pause flurry which is a bit daft).

Let me have a look at Songbird

BTW I like the new status display but the buffer bit doesn’t seem to be working.

blamm
    Participant

Songbird does the same. Personally I would suggest you implement double click.

Viewing 10 posts - 131 through 140 (of 874 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.