FirePlay Flash client for FireFly

• This topic has 873 replies, 99 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by beaon.
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 874 total)
  • Author
    sonichouse
    Participant

@Franc wrote:

How would you tag your songs to have this work?
    What I usually do is number the songs from the first disc like 101, 102, 103 and second disc 201, 202, etc.

There must be a better way?

For my AAC files I let itunes sort that out.
    For mp3 files you need to set the TPOS frame.

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@Franc wrote:

Weird, in FlashDAAP 0.53, the progress bar finally worked for me (after pause) but now in FirePlay 0.54, it’s totally gone.

Yes. The observant user notes that the song length is not updated from 0:00 either. Fixed now though. This is due to structural changes for readability. I’ll try to make more than I break in the future.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s connecting to your server 😉

sonichouse
    Participant

Remember Edsger W Dijkstra wrote

If debugging is the process of removing bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@Franc wrote:

LOL to both of you!!

I need to find a way to be able to run it from the inside of the Flash Dev without having to hack the serverstring every time.

Just out of curiosity: is it really connecting, or does it ask for password? If it does connect that could be the reason for my slow net these days 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s asking for a password 😀

sonichouse
    Participant

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

@Franc wrote:

LOL to both of you!!

I need to find a way to be able to run it from the inside of the Flash Dev without having to hack the serverstring every time.

Just out of curiosity: is it really connecting, or does it ask for password? If it does connect that could be the reason for my slow net these days 🙂

It asks for a user/password.
    Looks like mt-daapd/mt-daapd doesn’t work 😆

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@Franc wrote:

It’s asking for a password 😀

Thanks. I don’t wanna be providing the whole community with free music. Or, better yet, I do, but it’s kind of illegal.

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@sonichouse wrote:

It asks for a user/password.
    Looks like mt-daapd/mt-daapd doesn’t work 😆

Keep trying… 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s not ‘firefly’ either… 😆

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

I have a solution to my forgetting the server string. I check for undefined values in host and port and if true, I set my own server. If they equal “” it does the automatic host and port, and if they are set to something else I use that.

This means that if you want it to be automatically set, you need to put “?host=&port=” in your html.

I’ll remove it when code updates are less frequent.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s working like a charm 🙂

Never would have guessed I’d be able to listen to my entire music collection while at work (using a tunnel through Putty).

Bo, there’s one thing high on my list of requests.
    I’d like to know how eneryone feels about this.

Usually when I am listening to a song, I start browsing for something to listen to next. Currently this messes up the songlist-to-be-played, because there’s only one box showing songs on the ‘to be played’ list that immediately gets updated with the songs of the album you’re browsing through.

I am not sure what the solution should be tho. Maybe there should be a separate list of songs-to-be-played that gets populated when you hit an ‘Add Song’ or ‘Add Album’ button or something and a way to show the list that has been made.

Maybe that’s waaaay beyond what’s possible, I don’t know, but like I said, it’s high on my list 😀

Other than that, this app is just simply great, thanks for all the hard work so far!

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@Franc wrote:

Usually when I am listening to a song, I start browsing for something to listen to next. Currently this messes up the songlist-to-be-played, because there’s only one box showing songs on the ‘to be played’ list that immediately gets updated with the songs of the album you’re browsing through.

This is a “problem” that consumes much of my brain these days. I don’t think I’ll be able to solve it without an “enqueue”-function. But what to enqueue to? Probably a “virtual playlist” is the best way, with possibility to add songs and albums to it is the best. If you have other ideas, please keep them coming.

/Bo

sonichouse
    Participant

The soundbridge has a “now playing” queue which you can add to.

itunes has the concept of an “on the fly” playlist.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Couldnn’t you somehow use the built-in Smart Playlist functionality somehow?

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 874 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.