FirePlay Flash client for FireFly

Viewing 10 posts - 111 through 120 (of 874 total)
  • Author
    Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@Strawp wrote:

Since my last post I wiped SUSE off my server, installed Ubuntu Server and all the software I use plus Firefly and this thing worked right away ๐Ÿ˜€

SUSE will never darken my door again!

Plus, the library loaded in no time at all – I guess compression wasn’t working on the version I was using before.

Great work Bo!

Any chance of a search and custom playlist?

Thanks! Great to hear it working.
    Search is on the todo, as well as playlist fiddling. I just need to get the basic functionality right before I start adding features.

For future reference, this link: http://www.mellberg.org/FlashDAAP.swf
    will always lead to the latest build.

/Bo

blamm
    Participant

Hi Bo.

Could I suggest a change to the status display? The general layout and style is looking quite nice but the green status box is perhaps a little stark. When you are ready perhaps I could offer an alternative?

Thanks

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

Sure, let’s hear it.

As of now all Components (list boxes etc) are Flash default ones. These can be customized offcourse.

The status display was just a way took make a Winamp lookalike.

Oh, and new version is up that plays through your playlist automatically.

/Bo

sonichouse
    Participant

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

Please download it again and try. I published it using Flash 6 and it didn’t complain so perhaps it works. It still works for me, so I can live with Flash 6…

The display on the PSP shows the panels for source, artists, albums and songlist correctly.

When the status bar gets to connecting, I just see some controls flashing in the albums panel.

Oh well, it was worth a try ๐Ÿ˜€

blamm
    Participant

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

Sure, let’s hear it.

OK. I would probably suggest a simple large row of text rather than a box, much like the mockup I produced a while back. If the text is too long for certain songs then it can scroll, like the Roku does.

The rest of the layout and style is fine.

Ta

blamm
    Participant

Hi Bo.

The latest version seems to be pointing at your server….

Anonymous
    Inactive

Bo, great stuff! Just signed up to this board and got firefly up and running.

Keep it up and I can’t wait for all the extra features (like ‘Stop’ ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

Anonymous
    Inactive

If I may be so bold as to make a suggestion in my 2nd post: it would make sense if the first Song is selected when you select an album, so you can simply hit Play, without having to select a song first.

It makes sense as the first Artist is also selected when you select the Library and the first Album is selected when you select an Artist.

I have also noticed that when you start browsing your library while a song is playing, when it gets to the end of a song, it skips to whatever song is shown in the list that’s there because you are browsing, not the next song that was there orginally.
    In other words: there is no difference between the block showing current songs to be played and the songs you are browsing through (am I making sense?).

blamm
    Participant

it skips to whatever song is shown in the list

I think that’s how iTunes behaves. However it would be nice to have a “now playing” queue that could be selected from the source window.

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@Franc wrote:

If I may be so bold as to make a suggestion in my 2nd post: it would make sense if the first Song is selected when you select an album, so you can simply hit Play, without having to select a song first.

It makes sense as the first Artist is also selected when you select the Library and the first Album is selected when you select an Artist.

I have also noticed that when you start browsing your library while a song is playing, when it gets to the end of a song, it skips to whatever song is shown in the list that’s there because you are browsing, not the next song that was there orginally.
    In other words: there is no difference between the block showing current songs to be played and the songs you are browsing through (am I making sense?).

All valid and noted. As well as the “Stop”-feature. The play button is supposed to toggle to a pause button.

Viewing 10 posts - 111 through 120 (of 874 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.