FirePlay Flash client for FireFly

• This topic has 873 replies, 99 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by beaon.
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 874 total)
  • Author
    blamm
    Participant

A tip. Run it in a separate window using Mozilla Prism. Then you don’t have to search through your browser windows to change tracks etc.

Forgive me, but I’m not sure I like the brushed alloy look. Bit too 90’s iTunes for me…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah, PREV and NEXT buttons! Cool 8)

Progress bar still disappears after a pause/play tho…

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@Franc wrote:

Yeah, PREV and NEXT buttons! Cool 8)

Progress bar still disappears after a pause/play tho…

Strange. Mine is there all the time. Version 0.52?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yup, 0.52

PREV and NEXT work fine, black progress bar is there when it plays, there when I pause, but when I play again it disappears.

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@blamm wrote:

A tip. Run it in a separate window using Mozilla Prism. Then you don’t have to search through your browser windows to change tracks etc.

Thanks for that tip! I didn’t even know about Prism. I see some potential there.

Anyone else having problems with the progress bar? Please state your OS, browser and Flash Player versions.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Using Windows XP SP2, FIrefox and Internet Explorer 7, Flash Player 9

Progress bar disappears after pause.

fizze
    Participant

Well, I gave 0.52 a try just now. The interface looks nice, but it won’t connect to my firefly.

I am running cherokee on the slug on port 8008, and firefly on the same slug on port 3689. Waited a couple of minutes too, but no-go.

Any hints?

T-bird
    Participant

@Franc wrote:

Using Windows XP SP2, FIrefox and Internet Explorer 7, Flash Player 9

Progress bar disappears after pause.

Same setup but the progress bar is working in both browsers after pause

But where is another problem, if i mark an artist and that results in just 1 album hit and that album has varius artist, all are listed in the songlist window 😕

Running 0.52 on Slug

fizze
    Participant

Hm, may I be so bold to ask how you tell the flash what server to connect to?
    I think for a split second I see connecting to “slug:8008”, but then it doesnt show ANY music of course, coz that port…. well is just plain wrong, its cherokee’s port on my slug? 😕

sonichouse
    Participant

@fizze wrote:

I am running cherokee on the slug on port 8008, and firefly on the same slug on port 3689. Waited a couple of minutes too, but no-go.

Hi Fizze,
    Strange, my slug is also running Cherokee on port 8008, but FlashDAAP connects just fine.

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@fizze wrote:

Hm, may I be so bold to ask how you tell the flash what server to connect to?
    I think for a split second I see connecting to “slug:8008”, but then it doesnt show ANY music of course, coz that port…. well is just plain wrong, its cherokee’s port on my slug? 😕

The code for the server detection looks like this:

var serverstring:String = "http://" + String(this._url).split("/")[2];

Which evaluates to (on my server): http://www.mellberg.org:3689

Given that you have your browser to connect to your server with:

http://www.mellberg.org:3689/FlashDAAP.html

and you have placed all Flash specific items (html, swf and AC-runactivecontent.js) in your admin-root folder.

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

@T-bird wrote:

But where is another problem, if i mark an artist and that results in just 1 album hit and that album has varius artist, all are listed in the songlist window 😕

Running 0.52 on Slug

That’s not a problem, that’s a feature! 🙂

I like the possibility to see all tracks from the album you choose, not just those with the selected artist. But it also seemed unnessecary to show “(All 1 albums…) if there is only one. So we’re loosing the capability you’re asking for, but the interface is more intuitive.

We could off course update the artist list so that it contains just artists from the chosen album. Then you could go back to the artist list and chose the artist (artists) you want to listen to from that particular album. Most albums has just one artist though, so the artist list would be rather empty most of the time.

Anyone else have any input regarding this? I’m all ears…but now I’m off to bed. G’nite!

Anonymous
    Inactive

This works great! Thanks for a job well done (so far).

No problems here with the progress bar.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Album art would be a great addition to the player.

Check the follwing link at the Adobe forums for some direction on how to accomplish it in flash…

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=15&catid=288&threadid=1046381&arctab=arc&highlight_key=y&keyword1=album%20art

rpedde
    Participant

@ducky wrote:

Album art would be a great addition to the player.

Check the follwing link at the Adobe forums for some direction on how to accomplish it in flash…

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=15&catid=288&threadid=1046381&arctab=arc&highlight_key=y&keyword1=album%20art

I think an xml call for retrieving song art would be the win.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 874 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.