firefly(NAS)+iTunes7(PC) : tranfert to ipod not avaliable?

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion firefly(NAS)+iTunes7(PC) : tranfert to ipod not avaliable?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tiico
    Participant

Hi,

I’m news here. I have a Debian NAS (Kurobox) on which I’ve installed mt-daapd to share my audio files to mutliples computers.
    I’ve installer iTunes 7.0.2 on Windows PC to connect my ipod shuffle and to transfert music to it.
    When the music files are on NAS and available with firefly server, I couldn’t send them to ipod.
    I’ve not found any solution on the forum.

Perhaps you could help me.

The solution I use for the moment is to add manually folders (with samba share) in iTunes but this action is manual and i didn’t use the potentiel of the firefly server.

For information, all the audio files listed on my server could be streamed and played by iTunes.

Regards.

Tiico

rpedde
    Participant

@tiico wrote:

Hi,

I’m news here. I have a Debian NAS (Kurobox) on which I’ve installed mt-daapd to share my audio files to mutliples computers.
    I’ve installer iTunes 7.0.2 on Windows PC to connect my ipod shuffle and to transfert music to it.
    When the music files are on NAS and available with firefly server, I couldn’t send them to ipod.
    I’ve not found any solution on the forum.

Perhaps you could help me.

The solution I use for the moment is to add manually folders (with samba share) in iTunes but this action is manual and i didn’t use the potentiel of the firefly server.

For information, all the audio files listed on my server could be streamed and played by iTunes.

Regards.

Tiico

This actually isn’t possible, but not because of something on the Firefly side. Instead, apple chose not to allow that from iTunes. I think they thought you could then use it to fill your iPod withs songs from someone else on the network, so they don’t allow that.

There isn’t really anything I can do on the server side to override that. Not with iTunes as a client.

Sorry.

— Ron

tiico
    Participant

Thanks ron for your Answer.

I found another solution to solve my problem but it’s not very useful : I have my mt-daapd server on which i can play songs and i use iTLU (iTunes Library Update) to update my iTunes Library with a Samba Directory on my NAS.
    So, every new song must be added to this library… but it’s working …

I will try to search another soft and perhaps this function would be implement …

Regards
    Tiico

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.