Firefly SVN-1586 [Mac, Leopard] and Xbmc

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Firefly SVN-1586 [Mac, Leopard] and Xbmc

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey,

I am running svn-1586 on my mac, and have set it all up, and put the information into my xbmc settings, however, when I go to connect, it errors with “Could not connect to network server”, and when I look at the firefly log it says,

“could not read: Unknown error: 0”

So there is clearly a connection between the Mac and XBMC, but it still refuses to connect.

Anyone know the issue?
    Thanks,
    Chris!

rpedde
    Participant

@lavarock09 wrote:

Hey,

I am running svn-1586 on my mac, and have set it all up, and put the information into my xbmc settings, however, when I go to connect, it errors with “Could not connect to network server”, and when I look at the firefly log it says,

“could not read: Unknown error: 0”

So there is clearly a connection between the Mac and XBMC, but it still refuses to connect.

Anyone know the issue?
    Thanks,
    Chris!

it has to be running on port 3689. xmbc ignores the port advertised by daap.

My guess is that you won’t be very satisfied with xbmc as a daap client, though. I’ve had much better luck smb mounting it. Just my $0.02.

— Ron

Anonymous
    Inactive

@rpedde wrote:

it has to be running on port 3689. xmbc ignores the port advertised by daap.

My guess is that you won’t be very satisfied with xbmc as a daap client, though. I’ve had much better luck smb mounting it. Just my $0.02.

— Ron

Hey, thanks for the reply.
    A couple of questions though,

I have set the port to 3689 and that is how it gives the error I described earlier, or is there somewhere else I have to set the port? I have done it in the Firefly settings, and on the xbmc link [xx.xx.xx.xx:3689].

Also, how do you smb mount it on a Mac?

Thanks,
    Chris

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.