Firefly stops serving… but doesn’t say.

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion Firefly stops serving… but doesn’t say.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi to all. My Firefly media server is stopping serving music every couple of hours, but doesn’t realise it’s stopped.. When I come back to the PC that serves my music, click stop server/start server, it’s fine again for another couple of hours.. is there anything obvious any of you can think of that could cause this?

Thanks all,

PG

PS.. Versions:

EDIT: Just seen there’s a much more recent build – gonna try that.

Firefly Service 1.0 svn-1359 C:Program FilesFirefly Media Serverfirefly.exe
    FireflyShell 1.0 svn-1359 C:Program FilesFirefly Media ServerFireflyShell.exe
    RSP Output Plugin 1.0 svn-1359 C:Program FilesFirefly Media Serverpluginsrsp.dll
    FFMPEG Transcoder Plugin 1.0 svn-1359 C:Program FilesFirefly Media Serverpluginsssc-ffmpeg.dll
    WMA Transcoder Plugin 1.0 svn-1359 C:Program FilesFirefly Media Serverpluginsssc-wma.dll
    Win32 Event Plugin 1.0 svn-1359 C:Program FilesFirefly Media Serverpluginsw32-event.dll

S80_UK
    Participant

Hi,

As you have seen there are more recent builds. SVNs 1586 and 1696 are recommended for stability.

Cheers,

Les.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve tried the more recent build (1696) and it’s still doing the same… has anyone else had this?

stretch
    Participant

@NutFlush wrote:

My Firefly media server is stopping serving music every couple of hours, but doesn’t realise it’s stopped..

Do you mean that Firefly is still running but clients can’t find it?

If Yes then this could be a mDNS / multicast problem.
    Check that you have the latest version of bonjour installed and that you router has the latest firmware

Anonymous
    Inactive

YES – i have the exact same behaviour of svn-1696 !

I’m running it on my NAS (fujitsu-siemens AMS150) and do stream it to some soundbridges.
    Every some hours the soundbridge stops and says: library offline.

And yes – on the NAS they who implemented firefly on that NAS seem to have stopped bonjour for some reason i don’t know yet.
    At the web interface it says: bonjour: stopped.

ed.de

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi!

Looks like a very old thread. But the problem is an actual. Have the same on my version, tried actually several different with the same effect. Any solution in the meantime available?

Thks n rgds,
    Broesel

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi!

Any solution for this problem in the meantime?
    I am running Firefly (tested different releases) on my WHS (based on Windows Server 2003) and without any notice Firefly goes in vacation. Sometimes after some minutes, sometimes its running longer. Checking the service its running says Windows. Stopping and starting the service new it works fro another few minutes.
    By the way, the 1586 ist not possible to instal on the WHS.

Anyone an idea?

Cu,
    Broesel

Anonymous
    Inactive

@stretch wrote:

If Yes then this could be a mDNS / multicast problem.
    Check that you have the latest version of bonjour installed and that you router has the latest firmware

I seem to have something similar with mt-daapd-0.2.4.2-3.el5 and avahi-0.6.16-7.el5 on RHEL5 home server. I have filed a bug for it in the Red Hat Bugzilla.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.