Firefly seen by S/Bridge, but can’t connect

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Firefly seen by S/Bridge, but can’t connect

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Poppinjay
    Participant

I am running the latest nightly build of Firefly on Win XP, and I can see from the services menu that both Bonjour and Firefly are running on startup. However, whilst my Soundbridge will give me the option to connect to Firefly, when I try to do so, I am told that the server cannot be connected to.

A restart of Bonjour (and Firefly automatically) will correct this.

Any ideas of what might be causing this? Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

rpedde
    Participant

@Poppinjay wrote:

I am running the latest nightly build of Firefly on Win XP, and I can see from the services menu that both Bonjour and Firefly are running on startup. However, whilst my Soundbridge will give me the option to connect to Firefly, when I try to do so, I am told that the server cannot be connected to.

A restart of Bonjour (and Firefly automatically) will correct this.

Any ideas of what might be causing this? Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Are both the firefly server and the bonjour binary set up as exceptions on the firewall?

Poppinjay
    Participant

Yes, I am running ZoneAlarm and have allowed both processes to work as servers and allow access.

There are no errors in the Firefly log either.

This is quite a new problem for me, several months ago when I was running an older version this did not happen.

lovitts
    Participant

I’m having this same problem…same issues as Poppinjay – Bonjour, Firefly and log all seem fine.
    No firewalls in use on the machine.
    M1000 sees the Firefly service, but cannot connect.
    I’m using the latest nightly w/iTunes 7.0.2

rpedde
    Participant

@lovitts wrote:

I’m having this same problem…same issues as Poppinjay – Bonjour, Firefly and log all seem fine.
    M1000 sees the Firefly service, but cannot connect.
    I’m using the latest nightly w/iTunes 7.0.2

When that happens, usually rebooting the soundbridge fixes it. Not sure why, but that seems to fix it.

lovitts
    Participant

Thanks for your reply. I have tried restarting the soundbridge (many times), and that does not resolve the problem. Other ideas?

rpedde
    Participant

@lovitts wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I have tried restarting the soundbridge (many times), and that does not resolve the problem. Other ideas?

Can you get to the web management interface from a remote machine? Have you tried with your firewall disabled?

richdunlop
    Participant

@lovitts wrote:

Have you any antivirus or VPN client software installed?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.