Firefly OS X Setup

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    rpedde
    Participant

@NA9D wrote:

Anything? The software isn’t doing much good if I can’t use it. Why am I getting these disconnect errors?

Ya, sorry. bug on my side. I’m working to try and get a new build posted. You can work around it by adding this:

[plugins]
    plugin_dir=/Users//share/mt-daapd/plugins
    plugins=rsp.so

Make sure that rsp.so exists in that directory, and fire it up.

NA9D
    Participant

OK. That fixed it. Thanks. I’m up and running.

What is next in the process?

Also, I thought I read that Firefly is able to utilize playlists created in iTunes? I don’t see how to do that and I’d hate to have to rebuild my playlists all over (which I can’t get to work in the web interface). And also, does your software have the ability to handle audio streams in the library?

Thanks,

Jon

rpedde
    Participant

@NA9D wrote:

OK. That fixed it. Thanks. I’m up and running.

What is next in the process?

Also, I thought I read that Firefly is able to utilize playlists created in iTunes? I don’t see how to do that and I’d hate to have to rebuild my playlists all over (which I can’t get to work in the web interface). And also, does your software have the ability to handle audio streams in the library?

Thanks,

Jon

Set process_m3u to 1 in the config file, and it will pick up playlists, including those done by iTunes.

As far as audio streams, it does handle audio streams, but it doesn’t pick them up from iTunes. I meant to do that, but forgot.

I just put in a bug report for that, though, so I’ll get to it soon.

— Ron

NA9D
    Participant

Sweet! Thanks.

Now, one more bother to you…

What do I need to do to run this in the background? Based on your comments:

There are other things that can be done from here, like running it in the background and stuff, but this is where to start.

What is next then in setting up and getting fully running?

Thanks,

Jon

NA9D
    Participant

Ron,

Thanks for the tip on the playlists – it worked.

But now I have a number of other “Playlists” including several IP addresses, and I also have my Roku’s in there as playlists. Not sure what these are or why but the real playlists seem to work good.

How do I add a stream in Firefly until streams from iTunes are supported?

Jon

EDIT: I figured out what those “odd” playlists were. I had some old Shoutcast M3U files or something similar in my Music directory. I removed those and now things are all clean..Working well..Now just for internet streams from iTunes! 🙂

NA9D
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

There are other things that can be done from here, like running it in the background and stuff, but this is where to start.

Once you get to this point, I can guide you toward the rest of it.

Ron,

Maybe this got buried in the noise, but what’s the next step in getting the software fully installed and running in the background, etc. What other things can be done as you suggest.

Also, any progress on being able to play Internet Streams from iTunes? I’m downloading and compiling nightlies when they come available but haven’t seen this one added in yet..

Thanks,

Jon

rpedde
    Participant

Maybe this got buried in the noise, but what’s the next step in getting the software fully installed and running in the background, etc. What other things can be done as you suggest.

Ack. Sorry.

grab this zip file.

Now run through the configure like you did before, only this time to –prefix=/usr/local

Then do a:

make; sudo make install

That should build and install it to /usr/local/sbin, etc.

Unpack the zipfile, and copy the file stuff to the layout it’s in /Library/StartupItems, etc.

Follow the instructions at the top of the ‘mt-daapd’ script — put

MTDAAPDSERVER=-YES- in /etc/hostconfig

Once you have that, edit the config file in /usr/local/etc/mt-daapd.conf to your hearts content, and reboot. You should be in business.

Also, any progress on being able to play Internet Streams from iTunes? I’m downloading and compiling nightlies when they come available but haven’t seen this one added in yet..

I’m going to try and get it in the next nightly.

— Ron

NA9D
    Participant

OK, Ron,

I went throught and did as you said. I’ve got everything in place. When I first put everything in place and reboot, I get a security error when OS X comes back up. It asks me if I want to fix the permissions or security settings of mt-daapd in /Library/StartupItems. I click on Fix. It does something and then asks you to reboot the system.

After rebooting, mt-daapd does not start up.

Why?

Do I need to do a chmod on the files? If so what settings on which files?

Thanks,

Jon

rpedde
    Participant

@NA9D wrote:

It already did that, that was the message.

Did you do this part:

NA9D
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

@NA9D wrote:

It already did that, that was the message.

Did you do this part:

OK. I just saw my problem. I had MTDAAPSERVER and not MTDAAPDSERVER.

Stupid me! 😡

Sorry to bother you… 🙁

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.