Firefly Openlink on Linkstation Install Question

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Firefly Openlink on Linkstation Install Question

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    scirocco33
    Participant

First off…

I’m a complete noob to Firefly,Telnet, Linux to the point that I probably should not have attempted to run Firefly on my linkstation.

I’m following the Firefly Openlink install instructions on the LinkstationWiki and everything seemed to be going well…until

These libraries need to be registered with the linker. This can be done by creating a file called ld.so.conf in /etc as follows

Simple enough I think…since everything else has worked great

root@HD-HLAN19D:~# nano /etc/ld.so.conf
    bash: /usr/bin/nano: Permission denied

I can’t seem to get nano to run to create the file I need

At this point I’m stuck…can anyone save the noob?

rpedde
    Participant

@scirocco33 wrote:

First off…

I’m a complete noob to Firefly,Telnet, Linux to the point that I probably should not have attempted to run Firefly on my linkstation.

I’m following the Firefly Openlink install instructions on the LinkstationWiki and everything seemed to be going well…until

These libraries need to be registered with the linker. This can be done by creating a file called ld.so.conf in /etc as follows

Simple enough I think…since everything else has worked great

root@HD-HLAN19D:~# nano /etc/ld.so.conf
    bash: /usr/bin/nano: Permission denied

I can’t seem to get nano to run to create the file I need

At this point I’m stuck…can anyone save the noob?

The only thing I can think is that is the wrong nano binary. What kind of linkstation do you have and what does “file /usr/bin/nano” say?

Did you have to install nano, or did it come built-in on the linkstation?

scirocco33
    Participant

Thanks for the reply

I’m in over my head and don’t have enough linux knowledge to troubleshoot my way around problems

I installed nano per the instructions on the linkstationwiki but I never go it to work.

I used vi to create the files needed, but I ran into more trouble later in the instructions.

I managed to undo all the damage and return my ls to stock firmware and operation

So for now, I’ll continue to run Firefly on my main computer…until I can find a better solution

cezza
    Participant

To get Firefly running on my Linkstation I followed the instructions here:

http://forum.linkstationwiki.net/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3509

Painless…

scirocco33
    Participant

I have a LS2 MIPSel

I seems to need quite a bit more invovlement to run firefly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.