Firefly on Windows Home Server

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Wilco0
    Participant

Hi, I’m new to firefly and want to install it on my Windows Home Server PC (currently running the beta OS). However when I try to run the installer it flashes a Command Prompt and then quits. It works fine on my Windows Vista PC. This is using Build 1586. Does the installer check what OS version it is being ran on?

Correction: Running again from the command prompt it says “Program to big to fit in memory” ?

Also I’m trying to program a DAAP client against Firefly, and I’m finding some wierd values (Integer types coming back with length 109 seems to be the main 1), do you develop the daapd library directly or just on top of it?

rpedde
    Participant

@Wilco0 wrote:

Hi, I’m new to firefly and want to install it on my Windows Home Server PC (currently running the beta OS). However when I try to run the installer it flashes a Command Prompt and then quits. It works fine on my Windows Vista PC. This is using Build 1586. Does the installer check what OS version it is being ran on?

Correction: Running again from the command prompt it says “Program to big to fit in memory” ?

Do you have a swap file?

It’s not a version thing, I’m running 1615 on WHS RTM right now, and it’s working fine.

Also I’m trying to program a DAAP client against Firefly, and I’m finding some wierd values (Integer types coming back with length 109 seems to be the main 1), do you develop the daapd library directly or just on top of it?

Wow. I’d like to see a hex dump of that, actually. What’s the atom that’s doing that?

I’m not using the daapd library, it’s all just home-rolled crap. Which explains the strange results. ๐Ÿ™‚

There is also an xml interface that’s *way* faster than the daap stuff, if you were interested in that as opposed to daap.

— Ron

Wilco0
    Participant

Well the server has 768mb of ram and unless you packed it in really tight a 9mb installer should use up that much..?

I’m just messing about with DAAP and DMAP in C# tbh, haven’t really got a goal for what i’m writing yet ๐Ÿ™‚

rpedde
    Participant

@Wilco0 wrote:

Well the server has 768mb of ram and unless you packed it in really tight a 9mb installer should use up that much..?

I’m just messing about with DAAP and DMAP in C# tbh, haven’t really got a goal for what i’m writing yet ๐Ÿ™‚

Corrupt file, then? Because as I said, it’s been working on the last few rounds of whs okay for me.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.