Firefly on Solaris (sparc)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    jheinitz
    Participant

Hello,

I’m wondering if anyone has tried to install the Firefly Media Server on Solaris for SPARC. I tried a little bit, but the configure script complains about an unknown architecture or so.

Maybe someone could provide a HOWTO or something similar with all the steps to get it working on a Solaris SPARC system.

Best regards

Jens

rpedde
    Participant

@jheinitz wrote:

I’m wondering if anyone has tried to install the Firefly Media Server on Solaris for SPARC. I tried a little bit, but the configure script complains about an unknown architecture or so.

Really?? Can you show a portion of the configure output?

jheinitz
    Participant

Hello Ron,

I tried again today and I have to correct myself. The hosttype is recognized correctly with svn-1498 and svn-1519, but using bost versions I got stuck in the configure with the sqlite3 section. It tells me that I must have sqlite3 libs installed. I thought I have, but it seems that I don’t have. I downloaded sqlite3.3.8 package and compiled and installed it. There is a libsqlite3.so in /usr/local/lib. Here is the rest of the output from:

./configure –enable-sqlite3

checking for strsep… no
    Host type is sparc-sun-solaris2.8
    checking getopt.h usability… no
    checking getopt.h presence… no
    checking for getopt.h… no
    checking for stdint.h… (cached) no
    checking id3tag.h usability… yes
    checking id3tag.h presence… yes
    checking for id3tag.h… yes
    checking for id3_file_open in -lid3tag… yes
    checking sqlite3.h usability… yes
    checking sqlite3.h presence… yes
    checking for sqlite3.h… yes
    checking for sqlite3_open in -lsqlite3… no
    Must have sqlite3 libraries installed

any ideas?

Best regards

Jens

jheinitz
    Participant

Hello Ron,

I have upgraded sqlite from 3.3.8 to 3.3.14 and now my configure script completed. But there are other issues under SPARC Solaris.

One is that you declare something called lock_t in util.h. The thing is that there is already something called lock_t in /usr/include/sys/machtypes.h

I changed the definiton from lock_t to jh_lock_t in the util.h and util.c. That solved this issue and the make compiled more sources. But now I failed compiling mDNS.c and the included file mDNSClientAPI.h. Lots of errors.

HELP!!!

Best regards

Jens

rpedde
    Participant

@jheinitz wrote:

Hello Ron,

I tried again today and I have to correct myself. The hosttype is recognized correctly with svn-1498 and svn-1519, but using bost versions I got stuck in the configure with the sqlite3 section. It tells me that I must have sqlite3 libs installed. I thought I have, but it seems that I don’t have. I downloaded sqlite3.3.8 package and compiled and installed it. There is a libsqlite3.so in /usr/local/lib. Here is the rest of the output from:

./configure –enable-sqlite3

checking for strsep… no
    Host type is sparc-sun-solaris2.8
    checking getopt.h usability… no
    checking getopt.h presence… no
    checking for getopt.h… no
    checking for stdint.h… (cached) no
    checking id3tag.h usability… yes
    checking id3tag.h presence… yes
    checking for id3tag.h… yes
    checking for id3_file_open in -lid3tag… yes
    checking sqlite3.h usability… yes
    checking sqlite3.h presence… yes
    checking for sqlite3.h… yes
    checking for sqlite3_open in -lsqlite3… no
    Must have sqlite3 libraries installed

any ideas?

Best regards

Jens

you’ll want

configure --enable-sqlite3 --with-sqlite-includes=/usr/local/include --with-sqlite-libs=/usr/local/lib

— Ron

lunaticallday
    Participant

Hello Jens,

as I have learned so far, you have to use avahi/howl instead of the standard mdns implementation for solaris compilations of firefly. You need to add the following parameters to your configure-command:

--disable-mdns --enable-howl --with-howl-libs=/usr/lib --with-howl-includes=/usr/include/avahi-compat-howl

But I think the lock_t-issue will remain nonetheless…:shock:

Regards (another guy named) Ron

jheinitz
    Participant

Hi Rons (Ron1 and Ron2)!

I’m not making so much progress. The thing is that I got stuck during the compilation of the AVAHI package since there is no pre-compiled package for Solaris available. I also tried HOWL but also no sucess.

And here during the configure of AVAHI, I get the message that my distro is not supported and I should specify –with-distro=none to skip this check.

I ran:

configure –enable-compat-howl –disable-qt3 –disable-qt4 –disable-gtk –disable-python –disable-mono –disable-monodoc –with-distro=none

Then I changed to avahi-compat-howl directory and executed make. But it did not complete due to erors… 🙁

Ron P., did you ever get a version of Firefly running on Solaris (SPARC)?

Best regards

Jens

jheinitz
    Participant

Hi!

Got it!!!! I used owl instead of avahi and I was able to compile. I can access the WEB GUI, the database is available and the server scanned 11 songs. I did not have the ability to test the streaming yet, but I will do later.

One thing remains: The GUI does not display information like Uptime, Songs, songs servered and the Buttons “Start Scan”, “Start Full Scan” remain Grey after they have pressed. A refresh in the browser fixes that.

Best regards

Jens

lunaticallday
    Participant

Hi,

great news.

As I didn’t get the nightlies to work under solaris I’m interested in your configure command.

Could you post it?

lunaticallday
    Participant

So, with the nightlies svn1523 the lock_t issue is gone and I’m able to configure and compile without errors:

./configure --disable-mdns --enable-howl --enable-sqlite

The Webinterface behaves like Jens said.

If I click on Playlist I’m getting a reproducable “Segmentation Fault”.

The Soundbridge doesn’t see the server, so I assume there’s a mdns problem with avahi / howl (avahi-daemon is started).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.