You are here: Home » Topic » Firefly on Solaris (sparc)

Firefly on Solaris (sparc)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jheinitz 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1223

    jheinitz
    Participant

    Hello,

    I’m wondering if anyone has tried to install the Firefly Media Server on Solaris for SPARC. I tried a little bit, but the configure script complains about an unknown architecture or so.

    Maybe someone could provide a HOWTO or something similar with all the steps to get it working on a Solaris SPARC system.

    Best regards

    Jens

    #9754

    rpedde
    Participant

    @jheinitz wrote:

    I’m wondering if anyone has tried to install the Firefly Media Server on Solaris for SPARC. I tried a little bit, but the configure script complains about an unknown architecture or so.

    Really?? Can you show a portion of the configure output?

    #9755

    jheinitz
    Participant

    Hello Ron,

    I tried again today and I have to correct myself. The hosttype is recognized correctly with svn-1498 and svn-1519, but using bost versions I got stuck in the configure with the sqlite3 section. It tells me that I must have sqlite3 libs installed. I thought I have, but it seems that I don’t have. I downloaded sqlite3.3.8 package and compiled and installed it. There is a libsqlite3.so in /usr/local/lib. Here is the rest of the output from:

    ./configure –enable-sqlite3


    checking for strsep… no
    Host type is sparc-sun-solaris2.8
    checking getopt.h usability… no
    checking getopt.h presence… no
    checking for getopt.h… no
    checking for stdint.h… (cached) no
    checking id3tag.h usability… yes
    checking id3tag.h presence… yes
    checking for id3tag.h… yes
    checking for id3_file_open in -lid3tag… yes
    checking sqlite3.h usability… yes
    checking sqlite3.h presence… yes
    checking for sqlite3.h… yes
    checking for sqlite3_open in -lsqlite3… no
    Must have sqlite3 libraries installed

    any ideas?

    Best regards

    Jens

    #9756

    jheinitz
    Participant

    Hello Ron,

    I have upgraded sqlite from 3.3.8 to 3.3.14 and now my configure script completed. But there are other issues under SPARC Solaris.

    One is that you declare something called lock_t in util.h. The thing is that there is already something called lock_t in /usr/include/sys/machtypes.h

    I changed the definiton from lock_t to jh_lock_t in the util.h and util.c. That solved this issue and the make compiled more sources. But now I failed compiling mDNS.c and the included file mDNSClientAPI.h. Lots of errors.

    HELP!!!

    Best regards

    Jens

    #9757

    rpedde
    Participant

    @jheinitz wrote:

    Hello Ron,

    I tried again today and I have to correct myself. The hosttype is recognized correctly with svn-1498 and svn-1519, but using bost versions I got stuck in the configure with the sqlite3 section. It tells me that I must have sqlite3 libs installed. I thought I have, but it seems that I don’t have. I downloaded sqlite3.3.8 package and compiled and installed it. There is a libsqlite3.so in /usr/local/lib. Here is the rest of the output from:

    ./configure –enable-sqlite3


    checking for strsep… no
    Host type is sparc-sun-solaris2.8
    checking getopt.h usability… no
    checking getopt.h presence… no
    checking for getopt.h… no
    checking for stdint.h… (cached) no
    checking id3tag.h usability… yes
    checking id3tag.h presence… yes
    checking for id3tag.h… yes
    checking for id3_file_open in -lid3tag… yes
    checking sqlite3.h usability… yes
    checking sqlite3.h presence… yes
    checking for sqlite3.h… yes
    checking for sqlite3_open in -lsqlite3… no
    Must have sqlite3 libraries installed

    any ideas?

    Best regards

    Jens

    you’ll want


    configure --enable-sqlite3 --with-sqlite-includes=/usr/local/include --with-sqlite-libs=/usr/local/lib

    — Ron

    #9758

    lunaticallday
    Participant

    Hello Jens,

    as I have learned so far, you have to use avahi/howl instead of the standard mdns implementation for solaris compilations of firefly. You need to add the following parameters to your configure-command:

    --disable-mdns --enable-howl --with-howl-libs=/usr/lib --with-howl-includes=/usr/include/avahi-compat-howl

    But I think the lock_t-issue will remain nonetheless…:shock:


    Regards (another guy named) Ron

    #9759

    jheinitz
    Participant

    Hi Rons (Ron1 and Ron2)!

    I’m not making so much progress. The thing is that I got stuck during the compilation of the AVAHI package since there is no pre-compiled package for Solaris available. I also tried HOWL but also no sucess.

    And here during the configure of AVAHI, I get the message that my distro is not supported and I should specify –with-distro=none to skip this check.

    I ran:

    configure –enable-compat-howl –disable-qt3 –disable-qt4 –disable-gtk –disable-python –disable-mono –disable-monodoc –with-distro=none

    Then I changed to avahi-compat-howl directory and executed make. But it did not complete due to erors… 🙁

    Ron P., did you ever get a version of Firefly running on Solaris (SPARC)?

    Best regards

    Jens

    #9760

    jheinitz
    Participant

    Hi!

    Got it!!!! I used owl instead of avahi and I was able to compile. I can access the WEB GUI, the database is available and the server scanned 11 songs. I did not have the ability to test the streaming yet, but I will do later.

    One thing remains: The GUI does not display information like Uptime, Songs, songs servered and the Buttons “Start Scan”, “Start Full Scan” remain Grey after they have pressed. A refresh in the browser fixes that.

    Best regards

    Jens

    #9761

    lunaticallday
    Participant

    Hi,

    great news.

    As I didn’t get the nightlies to work under solaris I’m interested in your configure command.

    Could you post it?

    #9762

    lunaticallday
    Participant

    So, with the nightlies svn1523 the lock_t issue is gone and I’m able to configure and compile without errors:

    ./configure --disable-mdns --enable-howl --enable-sqlite

    The Webinterface behaves like Jens said.

    If I click on Playlist I’m getting a reproducable “Segmentation Fault”.

    The Soundbridge doesn’t see the server, so I assume there’s a mdns problem with avahi / howl (avahi-daemon is started).

    #9763

    rpedde
    Participant

    @lunaticallday wrote:

    So, with the nightlies svn1523 the lock_t issue is gone and I’m able to configure and compile without errors:

    ./configure --disable-mdns --enable-howl --enable-sqlite

    The Webinterface behaves like Jens said.

    If I click on Playlist I’m getting a reproducable “Segmentation Fault”.

    The Soundbridge doesn’t see the server, so I assume there’s a mdns problem with avahi / howl (avahi-daemon is started).

    For the mdns thing, I’d need to see a log file. Also, the *next* nightlies will have the newest mDNSResponder, so it would be interesting to see if that owrks with the built-in mdns.

    As far as the other issue, what browser are you using? And from what kind of client?

    #9764

    lunaticallday
    Participant

    Firefox 2 on linux and windows and IE6 on windows

    the 1523-tarball behaves the same under edgy and solaris, except for the segmentation fault, which I don’t get with edgy as stated in this post:
    http://forums.fireflymediaserver.org/viewtopic.php?t=5835

    I’m looking forward to the next nightly. It would be perfect if I could use the built-in mdns on solaris.

    #9765

    rpedde
    Participant

    @lunaticallday wrote:

    Firefox 2 on linux and windows and IE6 on windows

    the 1523-tarball behaves the same under edgy and solaris, except for the segmentation fault, which I don’t get with edgy as stated in this post:
    http://forums.fireflymediaserver.org/viewtopic.php?t=5835

    I’m looking forward to the next nightly. It would be perfect if I could use the built-in mdns on solaris.

    It’s in the toaster now. Should pop out in a half hour or so.

    — Ron

    #9766

    jheinitz
    Participant

    Hello,

    I have continued to play with the Solaris version of Firefly-1528. The lock_t issue is gone and it complies fine. But as soon as I try to connect from iTunes it crashes. I should mention that I connect to the server using Rendezvous Proxy because Server and client PC are on different networks.

    The server is logging something and then crashes. The pstack of the core file says something like strlen(). Please find the output from pstack core below:

    [email protected]|/var/log/mt-daapd|62} pstack core
    core 'core' of 6668: /usr/local/sbin/mt-daapd -c /usr/local/etc/mt-daapd.conf -d 9 -y -f -m
    lwp# 1 / thread# 6
    ff0b3218 strlen (0, fe8073cc, 0, ff13f789, 0, fefa82c0) + 80
    ff10868c vsnprintf (fe807270, 7fffffff, fefa82b8, fe8073cc, 96150, 0) + 5c
    0002f63c pi_log (9, fefa82b8, 0, 0, f423f, 7c290) + 24
    fefa2f4c plugin_handler (8f6f8, 4000, 7c800, 7c800, fefa2d04, fefbae68) + 248
    0002ef34 plugin_url_handle (8f6f8, 0, 0, 7c800, fe807460, fe806360) + 9c
    0001bd64 ws_dispatcher (8f6f8, ff022708, 0, 7aa50, 7aa80, 58000) + 410
    ff00b01c _thread_start (8f6f8, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0) + 40
    lwp# 2 / thread# 2
    ff11ed7c _signotifywait (ff01c000, 0, ff3e7aac, 1000, ff3d4124, ff3e8008) + 8
    ff001c2c thr_yield (0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0) + 8c
    lwp# 3
    ff11c920 _door_return (3, ff01d658, ff01d670, 3, ff01c000, 1) + 10
    feffa358 _lwp_start (fefe5d98, 0, 6000, ffbeefd4, 0, 0) + 18
    ff001c2c thr_yield (0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0) + 8c
    lwp# 4 / thread# 4
    ff11c050 _so_accept (6, fea0bc18, ffffffff, fffffff8, 0, 90a1d) + 8
    0001a58c ws_mainthread (87978, fefd3d38, 1, ff028d04, 0, 2) + 48
    ff00b01c _thread_start (87978, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0) + 40
    lwp# 5 / thread# 5
    ff009200 private___lwp_cond_wait (ff01cd28, ff01c000, ff01cd10, fe909d30, ff01c000, 0) + 8
    ff00b01c _thread_start (0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0) + 40
    thread# 1
    feff7d88 cond_reltimedwait (0, 84c60, 0, ff01c000, 0, 0) + 1dc
    ff009150 sleep (0, 84a88, 56cc0, 32, ff01c000, 2e50c) + 17c
    0002e500 os_wait (2, 56cc0, 0, 7c800, ffbef4a0, 84c30) + 4
    000194bc main (8, 56c00, ffbef6c8, 84c1c, 6, 1) + 584
    00018ab4 _start (0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0) + 5c
    thread# 3
    feffd9b8 _reap_wait (ff020980, 1e924, 0, ff01c000, 0, 0) + 38
    feffd710 _reaper (ff01ce00, ff022708, ff020980, ff01cdd8, 1, fe400000) + 38
    ff00b01c _thread_start (0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0) + 40
    [email protected]|/var/log/mt-daapd|63}

    The output on the screen when running it with the following options shows:

    /usr/local/sbin/mt-daapd -c /usr/local/etc/mt-daapd.conf -y -d 9 -f

    Thread 0: Entering ws_dispatcher (Connection from 10.7.52.125)
    Thread 0: got request
    Request: GET daap://10.7.53.179:3689/server-info HTTP/1.1
    Thread 0: Read: Accept: */*
    Thread 0: Adding header *Accept=*/**
    Added *Accept=*/**
    Thread 0: Read: User-Agent: iTunes/7.0.2 (Windows; N)
    Thread 0: Adding header *User-Agent=iTunes/7.0.2 (Windows; N)*
    Added *User-Agent=iTunes/7.0.2 (Windows; N)*
    Thread 0: Read: Client-DAAP-Version: 3.3
    Thread 0: Adding header *Client-DAAP-Version=3.3*
    Added *Client-DAAP-Version=3.3*
    Thread 0: Read: Client-DAAP-Access-Index: 2
    Thread 0: Adding header *Client-DAAP-Access-Index=2*
    Added *Client-DAAP-Access-Index=2*
    Thread 0: Read: Accept-Encoding: gzip
    Thread 0: Adding header *Accept-Encoding=gzip*
    Added *Accept-Encoding=gzip*
    Thread 0: Read:
    Thread 0: Headers parsed!
    Checking to see if connection matches close
    Nope!
    Thread 0: Connection type HTTP/1.1
    : Connection: persist
    Thread 0: Original URI: daap://10.7.53.179:3689/server-info
    Thread 0: Translated URI: /server-info
    Thread 0: Preparing to find handler
    Thread 0: URI Match!
    Thread 0: Time is 1176370580 seconds after epoch
    Thread 0: Setting time header
    Added *Date=Thu, 12 Apr 2007 09:36:20 GMT*
    Added *Connection=keep-alive*
    Added *Server=mt-daapd/svn-1528*
    Added *Content-Type=text/html*
    Added *Content-Language=en_us*
    Thread 0: Using non-default handler
    in main_auth
    Checking url /server-info
    Checking url /server-info
    Dispatching auth for /server-info to plugin
    Checking url /server-info
    Checking url /server-info
    Dispatching /server-info to daap/svn-1528
    in main_handler
    Checking url /server-info
    Checking url /server-info
    Dispatching /server-info to plugin
    Checking url /server-info
    Checking url /server-info
    Dispatching /server-info to daap/svn-1528
    Getting uri...
    Mallocing privinfo...
    Added *Accept-Ranges=bytes*
    Added *DAAP-Server=firefly/svn-1528*
    Updating Content-Type from text/html to application/x-dmap-tagged
    Added *Cache-Control=no-cache*
    Added *Expires=-1*
    Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

    Hope that this information helps to identify the problem.

    I’m running Solaris 8 on a Sun-Fire V210.

    Best regards

    Jens

    #9767

    rpedde
    Participant

    @jheinitz wrote:

    Hope that this information helps to identify the problem.

    I’m running Solaris 8 on a Sun-Fire V210.

    Best regards

    Is it possible to get a gdb backtrace? That would show line number and be a lot easier.

    — Ron

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.