Firefly on HP Media Server – Songlist Doubles!

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Firefly on HP Media Server – Songlist Doubles!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have all my iTunes on my desktop computer in a folder called, of all things, IPODMUSIC. Clever, eh?

I’ve set up my HP Media Smart Server (MSS) with a duplicate of the contents of this folder under the MUSIC share folder on the server.

When I call up the tunes on my MSS while in iTunes, I get this:

Yup. Every song is there…twice. But when I examine the contents of the folders on my MSS, the songs are there only once.

I have Firefly pointing only to the share folder on my MSS.

I must be doing something wrong here…but what?

Thanks!

fizze
    Participant

I guess you didn’t set the option to ignore appledouble files?
    Or you copied your iTunes.xml to the share, which firefly happily indexes.

So either set the option or remove the iTunes.XML from there πŸ˜‰

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes…that must be it.

But for some reason, I cannout find the “appledouble” option or
    the itunes.xml file…

Perhaps you can provide a roadmap or more explicit directions….

:>)

fizze
    Participant

Check the advanced firefly configuration pane in the web administration interface πŸ˜‰

Well, since you copied your Ipodmusic folders, you copied the iTunes.xml to the MSS as well. So just delete that file off the MSS and you’re good. (No warrants though πŸ˜‰ )

Anonymous
    Inactive

@fizze wrote:

Check the advanced firefly configuration pane in the web administration interface πŸ˜‰

Well, since you copied your Ipodmusic folders, you copied the iTunes.xml to the MSS as well. So just delete that file off the MSS and you’re good. (No warrants though πŸ˜‰ )

Well, I found the XML devil in the advanced firefly pane, and took care of that, but found no instance of itunes.xml on my mss.

Problem is still there.

fizze
    Participant

Did you find the appledouble option as well?

Oh, and you are sure that those songs only exist once on the MSS?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@fizze wrote:

Did you find the appledouble option as well?

Oh, and you are sure that those songs only exist once on the MSS?

I found the appledouble switch…forgot whether it was supposed to be on or off, so I tried it both ways….no diff.

I have firefly pointing to the folder on the MSS where the songs exist, but…I also use the MSS to backup my computer, and of course it backs up the folder on my computer where the itunes also exist. Why would firefly pick up songs from where it was directed and also in another location?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.