Firefly Library not showing up on the Rocku

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Firefly Library not showing up on the Rocku

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    sperrett
    Participant

I installed firefly on Ubuntu 7.04. I can view the web interface and it says it is running fine, but when I turn my Roku Soundbridge on it does not find any libraries to connect to. I can play internet radio on the Roku so connection to the wireless is OK.

Any help please?

fizze
    Participant

Are you sure you do have a RoKu soundbridge? ๐Ÿ˜‰ (as opposed to a Pinnacle branded one?)

Other than that, is rhythmbox or banshee (with the banshee-daap plugin) able to see the share?
    Also, there are various avahi/bonjour/zeroconf browsers available. Those should show available DAAP shares.
    Also, these should show the telnet and RCP protocol from the soundbridge.
    If such a browser doesn’t show anything on your network, then there might be a problem with multicasts not being forwarded correctly.

rpedde
    Participant

@sperrett wrote:

I installed firefly on Ubuntu 7.04. I can view the web interface and it says it is running fine, but when I turn my Roku Soundbridge on it does not find any libraries to connect to. I can play internet radio on the Roku so connection to the wireless is OK.

Any help please?

Make sure you have avahi configured to run at startup (/etc/defaults/avahi-daemon, I think), and make sure its running before you start the mt-daapd server. Also, you should check the built-in firewall and make sure it allows multicast.

sperrett
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

Make sure you have avahi configured to run at startup (/etc/defaults/avahi-daemon, I think), and make sure its running before you start the mt-daapd server. Also, you should check the built-in firewall and make sure it allows multicast.

I’m pretty sure avahi is running. I did get a warning about using the HOWL compatiblity layer and to change it to the API layer, but nothing crashed or didn’t load. I don’t suppose you know how to do that?

The only firewall i have in on my wireless router. Its a Linksys WRT54GS V5. I did tick some box which used the word multicast, but didn’t understand it really.

fizze
    Participant

Well, the GS is a nice box, but v5 runs an evil breed (*g*) of VxWorks. All other linksys routers really dont need any changes to allow multicast.

In Feisty avahi-daemon is not started upon boot by default. So unless you changed anything, I am pretty sure it’s NOT running ๐Ÿ˜‰

To force a startup simply type

sudo avahi-daemon

Also, did you

sperrett
    Participant

@fizze wrote:

Well, the GS is a nice box, but v5 runs an evil breed (*g*) of VxWorks. All other linksys routers really dont need any changes to allow multicast.

In Feisty avahi-daemon is not started upon boot by default. So unless you changed anything, I am pretty sure it’s NOT running ๐Ÿ˜‰

To force a startup simply type

sudo avahi-daemon

Also, did you

I typed that command in the terminal and it said
    “Daemon already running on PID 4849”

sperrett
    Participant

Just as an update. If I have Banshee running on my Linux computer, the Roku does see mt-daapd.

But banshee is a maap server itself so i probably don’t need firefly.

Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.