firefly & itunes ‘view options’ state, txtvers=1 option

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues firefly & itunes ‘view options’ state, txtvers=1 option

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    barunio
    Participant

Hi, I have the most recent firefly installed on an ubuntu box on my home network. i access the music through itunes. I noticed that if I set the “View Options” preferences in iTunes (so that I can see the track number of each song), that option is not remembered the next time i connect to the shared library. After some searching, I found this site (http://husk.org/blog/arch/the_state_of_viewing_music.html) which states that I need to set the following option:
    txtvers=1
    set somewhere in order for the view options state to be remembered. Is this correct? If so, how do I set this up? If not, is there any way to have the view options remembered?

rpedde
    Participant

@barunio wrote:

Hi, I have the most recent firefly installed on an ubuntu box on my home network. i access the music through itunes. I noticed that if I set the “View Options” preferences in iTunes (so that I can see the track number of each song), that option is not remembered the next time i connect to the shared library. After some searching, I found this site (http://husk.org/blog/arch/the_state_of_viewing_music.html) which states that I need to set the following option:
    txtvers=1
    set somewhere in order for the view options state to be remembered. Is this correct? If so, how do I set this up? If not, is there any way to have the view options remembered?

That’s not really user-settable, and it should be there already. Has for a long time.

What version of iTunes and what version of firefly? And where did you get the package you installed?

barunio
    Participant

I’m using mt-daapd-0.2.4, and itunes 7…

is there any way to look at the log files to get an idea of what’s going on?

btw, if this helps:
    if i just disconnect the shared music directory from itunes and then reconnect to it, the view options remain the same. but if i quit itunes and reopen it, or turn off and on the internet connection, the view options are not remembered.

rpedde
    Participant

@barunio wrote:

I’m using mt-daapd-0.2.4, and itunes 7…

is there any way to look at the log files to get an idea of what’s going on?

btw, if this helps:
    if i just disconnect the shared music directory from itunes and then reconnect to it, the view options remain the same. but if i quit itunes and reopen it, or turn off and on the internet connection, the view options are not remembered.

Ah. The easiest fix for that would be to upgrade to nightlies. At http://nightlies.mt-daapd.org are packages including ubunutu packages.

You’ll want to uninstall the old version (and remove the config file) before installing the new package, then re-edit the config file for the correct music directory.

That should get you going, though.

— Ron

barunio
    Participant

hi ron —

thanks for the help.. i tried to install the latest nightly .deb file using the ubuntu package installer (the default option when clicking on the .deb file in firefox). it seemed to install ok, but running mt-daapd from the command line still seems to launch the 0.2.4 version.

“which mt-daapd” shows me that it’s launching the program from /usr/local/sbin/mt-daapd

from the “included files” in the package installer, it seems like the newer version is located in /usr/sbin/mt-daapd
    but if i try running “/usr/sbin/mt-daapd -y” from the command line, nothing happens.

i’m missing something really simple here, it seems. what do i need to do to launch the newer version that i installed? (where would it be located?)

thanks..

rpedde
    Participant

@barunio wrote:

hi ron —

thanks for the help.. i tried to install the latest nightly .deb file using the ubuntu package installer (the default option when clicking on the .deb file in firefox). it seemed to install ok, but running mt-daapd from the command line still seems to launch the 0.2.4 version.

“which mt-daapd” shows me that it’s launching the program from /usr/local/sbin/mt-daapd

from the “included files” in the package installer, it seems like the newer version is located in /usr/sbin/mt-daapd
    but if i try running “/usr/sbin/mt-daapd -y” from the command line, nothing happens.

i’m missing something really simple here, it seems. what do i need to do to launch the newer version that i installed? (where would it be located?)

thanks..

apt-get remove –purge mt-daapd

to get rid of the packaged version you tried to install.

Then clean up all the old stuff. Delete the old files, the old config file, the init script in /etc/init.d/mt-daapd. Get rid of it all. If you leave stuff lying around from an unpackaged install, it will keep the package from overwriting stuff, which will (as you saw) keep the “new” files from installing.

Once you’ve completely uninstalled the old version, then install the package again, edit the config file to taste, and it should start up.

— Ron

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.