- This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 12 years, 3 months ago by Anonymous.
- 8th March 2008 at 7:43 pm #2282AnonymousInactive
I have just purchased a new MSSII 320GB and I intend to install the Firefly server. Although I never worked with Linux it seams to be a peace of cake :roll:.
According to the research on various forums the procedure is following:
1) Get a telnet-enabled firmware image for your Maxtor Shared Storage II.
2) Disable dropbear to allow ipkg installation.
3) Install the optware to allow ipkg function.
So far so good, however there is a question now, which version of Firefly should I use and where to get it. The following link gives access to 3 installations of the Firefly server, but I doubt that the MSSI version is compatible with MSSII, or is it?
Any idea how to finish off this jigsaw would be appreciated.
Tom12th March 2008 at 7:56 pm #16516AnonymousInactive
I am really stuck with this. Is there anyone that has an idea which of the existing ipkg versions of Firefly can be installed on the MSSII.
@Ron: Do you think you could please generate a Firefly ipkg package for us lucky users of MSSII?
Thank you all in advance for your help.
Tom14th March 2008 at 9:31 pm #16517AnonymousInactive
OK, I made some progress. My MSSII is now running the regular version of the Firefly server 0.2.4.1
In the next step I will try to understand how to upgrade the whole thing to some of the stable nightlies – mainly to get Flac up and running.
If there is anyone interested in the progress, please follow â€˜the rabbitâ€™.
- The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.