Firefly doesn’t find my iTune’s playlists

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Firefly doesn’t find my iTune’s playlists

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    goussyd
    Participant

I had to reinstall XP Home on my PC. I keep iTunes and Firefly on internal drive C, and I keep all my MP3’s on internal drive D. Firefly is finding the songs on D, but I cannot remember how to expose the iTune’s playlists to Firefly. When I run a full Firefly scan – which I had to do manually in my previous configuration – FF comes up empty on the playlists. I know it can work, but I seem to have forgotten a configuration step.

MichiganDAN

stretch
    Participant

Add a second music library location in the configuration page.
    The second one should point to the directory on C drive that contains the iTunes library file.

goussyd
    Participant

thanks for that tip. I tried to add a second file location but I am getting a “Error: 500general:mp3_dir” code whenever I try to add the additional location. And now save seems to not to work, at least not for adding a second file location. I tried reloading FF and that did not fix it. Suggestions?

stretch
    Participant

Which version of Firefly are you using?

goussyd
    Participant

I could only find 1.0svn-1586. I found this in the Nightly Releases. I could not find a version to download in the Stable Releases area.

stretch
    Participant

svn-1586 should support multiple library locations. Oh well.

The other option is to copy the iTunes library file onto D drive.
    The directory specified in Firefly as the music library location is where you want to place the library file

fizze
    Participant

Use the configuragion web-interface to add the second location.
    If you get any “error saving config” messages after saving, just ignore them.
    Thats a bug in that version.

Its actually adding it. Just do a rescan and you’ll see. 🙂

goussyd
    Participant

I really appreciate the attention to my question. I took the appraoch of copying the XML file over to my media drive and this worked fine. It is an acceptable work-around, but I know I did not have to do this before.

The other advise of adding the 2nd file location despite the error message does not work for me. I tried this several times, but each time the 2nd location disappears after a page refresh.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.