firefly does start but is not visible

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues firefly does start but is not visible

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ulysses
    Participant

heyla

First of all!
    i love this project!
    I was looking for a solution that for central storage of my music and perhaps also share it with my mobile phone by internet. I loved the concept of i tunes but it just was not really complete..

well hell.. to the main problem..
    When i start firefly ( version 1634 and lattest bonjour)) it starts perfectly.
    I can share a folder that contain mp3 files ( \servermp3 that way.. )
    But when i try to access from an different computer with i tunes the music i dont get an the shared music… hmmz… not so nice..
    I dont even see the name of the firefly server.. its just complete empty..

Before people going to ask me why i dont just use itunes on my server and itunes on the other laptop.
    I have an ipod want to sync the music with the laptop.
    I want the music to be stored on the server.
    The database of the music must also contain the song rate info.
    Xbmc (xbox media center ) must also be able to play the songs ( uses Daapd or Upnp)

I hope someone is able to help me.. or getting me out of the illusion that this all is possible.. 😉

Osik
    Participant

hi,

it looks that u use the version which is marked as “not working” try to get the svn 1586 to work. It was released in May and worked wihout problems for.

Greetz

Osik

rpedde
    Participant

@ulysses wrote:

heyla

First of all!
    i love this project!
    I was looking for a solution that for central storage of my music and perhaps also share it with my mobile phone by internet. I loved the concept of i tunes but it just was not really complete..

well hell.. to the main problem..
    When i start firefly ( version 1634 and lattest bonjour)) it starts perfectly.
    I can share a folder that contain mp3 files ( \servermp3 that way.. )
    But when i try to access from an different computer with i tunes the music i dont get an the shared music… hmmz… not so nice..
    I dont even see the name of the firefly server.. its just complete empty..

Before people going to ask me why i dont just use itunes on my server and itunes on the other laptop.
    I have an ipod want to sync the music with the laptop.
    I want the music to be stored on the server.
    The database of the music must also contain the song rate info.
    Xbmc (xbox media center ) must also be able to play the songs ( uses Daapd or Upnp)

I hope someone is able to help me.. or getting me out of the illusion that this all is possible.. 😉

Aside from 1586, which someone else mentioned, it would be worth reinstalling bonjour for windows, and following the instructions on the faq (http://wiki.fireflymediaserver.org/FAQ) that deals with sharing music from network connected drives.

– Ron

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.