Firefly crashes

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    macsband

Firefly crashes on my WinXP Pro machine (Intel Core2 1.83GHz CPU, 1GB RAM) after maybe an hour or so. The Firefly Media Server service stops. The last item in the log simply says:

“2006-11-12 10:26:42 (a1d5b837): Session 0: Streaming file ’05 Cursing In Heaven.m4a’ to 192.168.168.101 (offset 0)”

The Application log in event viewer has this entry:

“Faulting application firefly.exe, version 1.0.0.1359, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x00010f29.”

The music file that was playing when the crash occurred plays OK in iTunes, so it’s not corrupted.

In Task Manager, Firefly.exe is the only process taking up noticeable CPU time, so no conflicts that I can see.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

rpedde
    Participant

@macsband wrote:

Firefly crashes on my WinXP Pro machine (Intel Core2 1.83GHz CPU, 1GB RAM) after maybe an hour or so. The Firefly Media Server service stops. The last item in the log simply says:

“2006-11-12 10:26:42 (a1d5b837): Session 0: Streaming file ’05 Cursing In Heaven.m4a’ to 192.168.168.101 (offset 0)”

The Application log in event viewer has this entry:

“Faulting application firefly.exe, version 1.0.0.1359, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x00010f29.”

The music file that was playing when the crash occurred plays OK in iTunes, so it’s not corrupted.

In Task Manager, Firefly.exe is the only process taking up noticeable CPU time, so no conflicts that I can see.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

It does this repeatably? Also, what version?

macsband

Thank you for your reply!

Yes, it does this daily over the past couple weeks (i.e., crashes after an hour or so, with the same symptoms, except that it would be while streaming a different song.)

My music files are mostly in Apple Lossless format, with some WAV files.

I’ve stopped the automatic scan because it would often fail to add the iTunes playlists (the only playlists I use) every other time it scanned. I set the Rescan Interval to zero and manually initiate a scan, as needed. It usually take two scans. The first time, it fails to add the playlists; the second time it adds them correctly.

I’m using the “stable” version downloaded via Roku Soundbridge forums website. In “About” it says: “Firefly Service 1.0 svn-1359”

Mac

rpedde
    Participant

@macsband wrote:

My music files are mostly in Apple Lossless format, with some WAV files.

Is it always when doing apple lossless? Those get transcoded using ffmpeg, so I’m wondering if that’s something in firefly or something in ffmpeg.

macsband

Thanks so much for your interest and trouble, but I’ve switched to SqueezeBox, so it’s become a moot issue.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.