Firefly – Connnection To Server Failed !

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Firefly – Connnection To Server Failed !

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    technojunkie
    Participant

I have been running the Firefly media server (svn-1376) for over a year with my Roku M1001 without any problems. However, I recently uninstalled Firefly
    (svn-1376) and installed (svn-1586). I also have Bonjour installed.

The Roku M1001 can see the Firefly server but every time I try and connect I get the message “connection to server failed”. I have never had this problem with Firefly before and all I have done is uninstall one version and installed another. Nothing else on my system has changed.

Any help in resolving this matter would be much appreciated.

Thankyou

technojunkie
    Participant

Since my previous post I have un-installed Firefly svn-1586 and re-installed svn-1376.

Everything is now back to normal and working perfectly !

So why can’t I use svn-1586 ?

Thankyou

rpedde
    Participant

@technojunkie wrote:

Since my previous post I have un-installed Firefly svn-1586 and re-installed svn-1376.

Everything is now back to normal and working perfectly !

So why can’t I use svn-1586 ?

Thankyou

Not sure what platform you are on, but in that time, the bonjour stack was replaced with the bsd licensed version. It’s possible that on your platform there are issues with that.

I see that apple has dropped another version. I may have a go at integrating that.

— Ron

technojunkie
    Participant

Thankyou for the post rpedde.

I’m running Windows XP SP2. Since my last post, Firefly has completely disappeared from my network. Firefly states that the media server is running but its not visible on the Roku at all. Windows Media player works perfectly so its obviously a problem with Firefly.

rpedde
    Participant

@technojunkie wrote:

I’m running Windows XP SP2. Since my last post, Firefly has completely disappeared from my network. Firefly states that the media server is running but its not visible on the Roku at all. Windows Media player works perfectly so its obviously a problem with Firefly.

Might be worth re-installing bonjour, since it seems to be a bonjour-related issue.

— Ron

technojunkie
    Participant

I have re-installed the latest version of Bonjour and Firefly is now working as normal 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.