Firefly as alarm clock

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I dont know if this could be made to work, or if it has already been done in some form or another but I think it would be a really great idea to have Firefly automatically start at a particular time of day. I have a Soundbridge Homemusic and would love to use it as an alarm clock, i could quite happily leave it on all night and then when it hits a preset time i plays a song of my choosing.

fizze
    Participant

This isn’t about firefly, but about the SoundBridge.
    Check out the RoKu forums, there are instructions about how to enable alarm on any of the SoundBridge models.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think you misread what i am proposing. As my version of the soundbridge doesnt have an alarm feature i am proposing the mt-daapd hasd an alarm feature built is so the server will automatically play a song at a particular time. Then a soundbridge which is connected to this server and has its power on will act as an alarm clock.

S80_UK
    Participant

Hi – I think you have misunderstood the role of Firefly. It does not (and cannot) choose what to play and when to play it. Firefly’s role is to respond to requests from the player (the SoundBridge in this case). What I think you would require would be some remote control software which included a timer function. I have not investigated, but some of the current remote control software for the SoundBridge may already support that, or could more readily have such a feature added. See the Control and Integration forum part of forums.rokulabs.com

fizze
    Participant

@rflook wrote:

I think you misread what i am proposing. As my version of the soundbridge doesnt have an alarm feature i am proposing the mt-daapd hasd an alarm feature built is so the server will automatically play a song at a particular time. Then a soundbridge which is connected to this server and has its power on will act as an alarm clock.

On the contrary! πŸ˜‰
    Every soundbridge model is capable of doing an alarm at a given time. Only the Soundbridge Radio models do have dedicated buttons for it.
    Still, you can use a computer and telnet rather easy to set up the alarm timers on any other soundbridge model.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@fizze wrote:

you can use a computer and telnet rather easy to set up the alarm timers on any other soundbridge model.

I suppose this doesn’t work with a HomeMusic Soundbridge… Could you be some more clear in what you do exactly?

For the M400 you can send IR-codes for alarms but then nothing happens.

EVILRipper
    Participant

I used to this on my computer, until the neighbors started complaining about the early and loud music. (I just can’t seem to get up when listening to good music :))

Anyways, in the BIOS I set the comp to wake up at a certain time. Most BIOSes have this option.
    Next, it simply boots into windows.
    I put winamp into the startup folder in the start menu.
    Winamp is run at boot.
    Next, I downloaded a plugin for Winamp, which makes it start playing a song when opened.

And there we have it, a computer as alarm clock, triggering my music. πŸ™‚

fizze
    Participant

I did that too, but back then it was enough to start up the computer. πŸ™‚
    Bastard was so noisy that I got up just to turn it off again πŸ˜†

Anonymous
    Inactive

Whahaha… reminds me to a similar problem I had a long time ago.
    I created a small mp3 alarmclock on my beloved Amiga, but because i was too lazy to walk to the computer I used a one-button-joystick with a 4ft cordextension to snooze it. πŸ˜€

mas
    Participant

P.S.: Also the Homemusic has a built in alarm in the FW. De facto Roku only makes one firmware for all models.

The only disadvantage of the Homemusic is that the menu for the alarm doesnt fit on screen so you are a bit blind with some options, but it does work. I tried it for a joke.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.