Firefly and iTunes .AIFF and .WAV file synchronization

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Firefly and iTunes .AIFF and .WAV file synchronization

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I am using Firefly 0.2.4.2 stable on a Linux server, and have setup Firefly to synchronize manually the personal iTunes Music Library with the iTunes Shared Library by creating a script. The synchronization works great for .mp3 and .mp4 (AAC) files, but it does not synchronize .AIFF and .WAV files.

Does anyone know what to do?

Thanks!

fizze
    Participant

Did you add wav and aiff as extensions for mt-daapd?

Secondly, you really should consider upgrading to a nightly release, mt-dapd 0.2.4.x is _really_ outdated.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the reply. Yes, we specified .wav and .aiff as the file extensions. We also just upgraded to the nightly version, which we didn’t want to use in the first place because the nightly version is unstable, but after the upgrade, we were able to create the export of the iTunes Shared Music Library.

For our test, the export created
    Itunes.xml (xml for audio)
    Audio files (in media directory)

The total size is approximately 1.2GB – 201 songs.

What we would like to know is what issues we are going to run into if we keep te unstable version running on the server.

If you or anyone has been running the unstable version with iTunes, we would like to hear from you.

Thank you!

stretch
    Participant

I’m running svn-1696 on an NSLU2. Uptime at the moment is 69+days, prior to that it was 100+ days.
    Both restarts were due to power failures.

S80_UK
    Participant

101 days, 4 hours, 4 minutes, 39 seconds and counting – svn 1696 on a Via Epia M6000 under Debian Etch. As solid as the proverbial rock!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello guys, Thanks for the replies.

1. I want to verify that the version you are running is the nightly version.

2. Also, I am curious to know if your Firefly/iTunes setup is running on a corporate or personal environment; and how many users are sharing the music library.

Thank you!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Another question, your responses refer to version svn-1696, while the Firefly download link refers to svn-1586 as being the latest version.

Sorry to insist, but what version are you running?

Thanks!

fizze
    Participant

Just check the nightlies page (nightlies.fireflymediaserver.org) for the download links.

I’ve also had svn-1696 running on a NSLU2 with 100+ days uptime.

My environment is private, and while I’m a single user, I’ve got multiple clients. Even on the poor slug firefly behaved nicely.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello fizze,

Thanks for the reply. I did check the page listing the latest Firefly versions (It is dated May 2007). What we are really interested in finding out is if there are any KNOWN ISSUES running iTunes in a shared library environment (we actually have a server specifically built for this purpose) with Firefly (nightly version).

I really appreciate your replies. We are new to Firefly. Do you mind me asking how long you have been using this software, and the types of issues you have run into since you installed it?

Thanks!

fizze
    Participant

Well if you want a feasibility study all you need to do is search this forum, and possibly the rokulabs forums.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.