Firefly 1.1b svn version?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    hpsenicka
    Participant

Firefly 1.1b has just been released on the Roku website.

It appears to be based on svn-1483.

Would the svn-1483 .ipk package for the slug also be considered as a 1.1b version? I an still using an older version of mt-daapd on my slug and would like to upgrade to a more up-to-date release, but am having trouble deciding which version to use.

rpedde
    Participant

@hpsenicka wrote:

Firefly 1.1b has just been released on the Roku website.

It appears to be based on svn-1483.

Would the svn-1483 .ipk package for the slug also be considered as a 1.1b version? I an still using an older version of mt-daapd on my slug and would like to upgrade to a more up-to-date release, but am having trouble deciding which version to use.

It’s 1483, but it’s really derived from 1359… it’s 1359 + high dollar fixes from 1359 to current.

I want to work on stabilizing the trunk again, and then making the roku stuff come off trunk rather than off 1359.

In any event, hold off until tonights nightly. I think tonights nightly will have the signal handling fixes, fix some memory leaks, and generally be a good release.

It will be r1494 or so.

— Ron

hpsenicka
    Participant

Did I miss something? The latest nightly I see available is from Jan 17th… svn-1489.

I suspect you have been busy and haven’t had an opportunity to complete a new build, but thought I should check.

rpedde
    Participant

@hpsenicka wrote:

Did I miss something? The latest nightly I see available is from Jan 17th… svn-1489.

I suspect you have been busy and haven’t had an opportunity to complete a new build, but thought I should check.

Ah, sorry… when I fixed the signal handling on nslu2, I broke it on everything else. Seems like signal handling isn’t very portable across different pthreads implementations.

I think I have it working now though. May be either tonight or tomorrow that I drop the next nightly.

— Ron

hpsenicka
    Participant

I finally took the plunge and installed svn1498 on my NSLU2.

I’m also playing with the Windows version on my WIN2K laptop just for fun.

All is well so far.

rpedde
    Participant

@hpsenicka wrote:

I finally took the plunge and installed svn1498 on my NSLU2.

I’m also playing with the Windows version on my WIN2K laptop just for fun.

All is well so far.

1498 has some minor buglets, but feels very stable. I think you’ll be okay with it.

— Ron

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.