You are here: Home » Topic » Fedora 8 issues with -cp flag and GDBM

Fedora 8 issues with -cp flag and GDBM

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #2069

    Anonymous

    mt-daapd/Firefly Version: stable 0.2.4.1
    Server Operating System: Fedora 8
    Server Hardware: VMWare Workstation 5

    Hi Guys,
    I’m having a bit of bother with 2 issues when trying to get mt-daapd working. The first is probably rather simple.

    When running the suggested command to get mt-daapd to start at boot:

    cp contrib/mt-daapd /etc/rc.d/init.d /sbin/chkconfig –add mt-daapd

    I am returned the following error message:

    cp: unrecognized option `–add’
    Try `cp –help’ for more information.

    Now, my Linux knowledge isn’t that extensive, so i’m unaware of what flag i should be using in place of –add?

    Secondly, when trying to run the following command to start mt-daapd manually:

    ./contrib/mt-daapd start

    I am given the following error:

    Starting DAAP server: mt-daapd: error while loading shared libraries: libgdbm.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    [FAILED]

    I have both gdbm and gdbm-devel installed, and i can’t remember seeing any relevant errors during the configure / install of mt-daapd.

    Any ideas on either problem?

    Thanks in advance,
    Justin

    #15408

    rpedde
    Participant

    @egg-box wrote:

    When running the suggested command to get mt-daapd to start at boot:

    cp contrib/mt-daapd /etc/rc.d/init.d /sbin/chkconfig –add mt-daapd

    I am returned the following error message:

    cp: unrecognized option `–add’
    Try `cp –help’ for more information.

    Now, my Linux knowledge isn’t that extensive, so i’m unaware of what flag i should be using in place of –add?

    This one is fairly easy:

    [email protected]# cp contrib/mt-daapd /etc/rc.d/init.d
    [email protected]# /sbin/chkconfig –add mt-daapd

    Two separate commands, y’see.

    Secondly, when trying to run the following command to start mt-daapd manually:

    ./contrib/mt-daapd start

    I am given the following error:

    Starting DAAP server: mt-daapd: error while loading shared libraries: libgdbm.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    [FAILED]

    I have both gdbm and gdbm-devel installed, and i can’t remember seeing any relevant errors during the configure / install of mt-daapd.

    This one is harder. Did you compile from source? If so, then it should be build to the gdbm version you have. Unless maybe it’s a lib32/lib64 issue. Is this a 64bit cpu?

    I think fc8 is multiarch, and sometimes with old broken (like mine!) packages, it gets ticked off about the lib32/64 thing.

    Wonder if that could be it.

    #15409

    Anonymous

    @rpedde wrote:

    Two separate commands, y’see.

    Of course! D’oh! Working now!

    @rpedde wrote:

    This one is harder. Did you compile from source? If so, then it should be build to the gdbm version you have. Unless maybe it’s a lib32/lib64 issue. Is this a 64bit cpu?

    I think fc8 is multiarch, and sometimes with old broken (like mine!) packages, it gets ticked off about the lib32/64 thing.

    Nope it’s a 32bit virtual machine that I’m testing on before I go out and buy some kit for a proper build.

    I went through the package options of FC8 and found some extra GDBM stuff that I hadn’t installed. So i installed them and recompiled mt-daapd. I was then presented with an error about not being able to find the libid3 files – turns out that was because they were not in the default location. So, i recompiled and installed again, but this time with the –with-id3tag= flag and now all is working perfectly!

    Only thing left to do is buy some low power / noise kit to build a proper media server!

    One last thing – is Firefly only compatible with Soundbridge / iTunes, or can i use any uPnp AV client?

    Thanks!
    Justin

    #15410

    rpedde
    Participant

    @egg-box wrote:

    @rpedde wrote:

    Two separate commands, y’see.

    Of course! D’oh! Working now!

    @rpedde wrote:

    This one is harder. Did you compile from source? If so, then it should be build to the gdbm version you have. Unless maybe it’s a lib32/lib64 issue. Is this a 64bit cpu?

    I think fc8 is multiarch, and sometimes with old broken (like mine!) packages, it gets ticked off about the lib32/64 thing.

    Nope it’s a 32bit virtual machine that I’m testing on before I go out and buy some kit for a proper build.

    I went through the package options of FC8 and found some extra GDBM stuff that I hadn’t installed. So i installed them and recompiled mt-daapd. I was then presented with an error about not being able to find the libid3 files – turns out that was because they were not in the default location. So, i recompiled and installed again, but this time with the –with-id3tag= flag and now all is working perfectly!

    Only thing left to do is buy some low power / noise kit to build a proper media server!

    One last thing – is Firefly only compatible with Soundbridge / iTunes, or can i use any uPnp AV client?

    Thanks!
    Justin

    Doesn’t do upnp, just daap/rsp, which makes it soundbridge/iTunes.

    a full upnp server is on the timeline, though.

    #15411

    Anonymous

    @rpedde wrote:

    a full upnp server is on the timeline, though.

    That would be excellent – looking forward to it!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.