"failed to start firefly media server"

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues "failed to start firefly media server"

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Tugman
    Participant

I would be grateful for some assistance. I have downloaded Bonjour and Firefly to an XP running PC. The first problem was “error 6” when downloading Firefly. I uninstalled and restored my PC and then downloaded Bonjour and Firefly once again.

Now I am unable to start Firefly as I get a “failed to start firefly media server” message. My music directory is on my F drive if that makes any difference? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards.

rpedde
    Participant

@Tugman wrote:

I would be grateful for some assistance. I have downloaded Bonjour and Firefly to an XP running PC. The first problem was “error 6” when downloading Firefly. I uninstalled and restored my PC and then downloaded Bonjour and Firefly once again.

Now I am unable to start Firefly as I get a “failed to start firefly media server” message. My music directory is on my F drive if that makes any difference? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards.

Check both your event log and the logfile in c:program filesfirefly media serverfirefly.log

It sounds like a problem with the config file, but I can’t imagine what if this is a clean install.

— Ron

Tugman
    Participant

Ron, Thank you for your reply. I am somewhat of a novice at this; could you tell me what I should be looking for? There is indeed a lot of information in both logs and I am not sure what is relevant to helping me sort out my problem.

Thanks.

rpedde
    Participant

@Tugman wrote:

Ron, Thank you for your reply. I am somewhat of a novice at this; could you tell me what I should be looking for? There is indeed a lot of information in both logs and I am not sure what is relevant to helping me sort out my problem.

Thanks.

Actually, if you just posted the last few lines it would probably let us know what we need to know.

— Ron

drewportland
    Participant

I have just tried installing Bonjour and Firefly over this last weekend on XP and I am getting the same message as Tugman “failed to start firefly media server.” I will post my log file later today for you to review.

Thanks

Tugman
    Participant

Good luck drewportland with your server issue. I re-installed the software twice before it worked. I am now trying to get Firefly to recognize playlists in ITunes and Musicmatch. I do like my Roku but it has been a very frustrating experience getting it set up and I am not there yet!

drewportland
    Participant

Thanks Tugman………Here is what my firefly log file says; Failed to open server log file ‘firefly.log’. I am going to try and re-instal firefly as well.

kokomojuggler

I have this same problem and mulitple reinstalls doesn’t help.

kokomojuggler

I finally unstalled firefly, did a repair of bonjour and then reinstalled firefly and it seems to be working.

drewportland
    Participant

The new software version for the Roku saved me. After downloading it to my SB everything is working fine.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.