Error: 500, No Music in Ubuntu (sep partition /home folder?)

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Error: 500, No Music in Ubuntu (sep partition /home folder?)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Okay, so I’m running 8.04 Hardy Desktop with the latest Firefly from Synaptic.

Firefly had been working perfectly until when I recently did a full system restore and moved my home folder to a separate partition –> within the Ubuntu installation process, pointed second partition to /home, so the Desktop Filesystem that boots looks as if they’re combined, but I guess it’s an issue for permissions stuff???

Now Firefly will not read my /home/michael/Music folder (Error: 500) and when I do a scan for music, it comes up with 0 files (about 80GB of music in the directory)

I have tried to chmod 777 my entire directory–nothing
    I tried adding mt-daapd to the michael user group through terminal–also no go
    No idea what to do now. Any suggestions? Would love to modify the program so it runs as my username so it has full permissions. Actually scratch that, anything that works, I’ll take it! ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks in advance.

fizze
    Participant

sudo to the user that firefly runs as and check out the permissions.
    My guess it that files are readable but directories arent executable ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous
    Inactive

@fizze wrote:

sudo to the user that firefly runs as and check out the permissions.
    My guess it that files are readable but directories arent executable ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks for the reply.

Firefly runs as mt-daapd by default (in the conf file). When I attempted to change it to my logged in user’s name, it wouldn’t start up. So I switched that back.

As of right now, all of the permissions are set to RWE for owner/group & both Read and Execute for Others, so it should work, no?

Anonymous
    Inactive

so I got around it by doing the following:
    uninstall/reinstall mt-daap fully to get defaults.
    then in nautilus, right clicked Music, clicked share, and allow users to write. That didn’t work, so I clicked allow guest access, and then boom, it’s scanning.

thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.