- 3rd March 2007 at 6:03 pm #1157essbee1964Participant
I have installed Firefly on an NSLU2 server but have a problem. How do I enable editing of the .conf file from the command interface? I get ‘permission denied’. From what I understand I need this in order to edit the web based configuration page.
Shaun4th March 2007 at 10:06 am #9450essbee1964Participant
Sorted, my own fault.
Shaun18th March 2007 at 2:53 am #9451
editing .conf file in ubuntu 6.1
just cant edit the text. anyone can help?18th March 2007 at 10:18 am #9452CCRDudeParticipant
Please at least provide some details of what you tried. E.g., what did you try to edit it (command line, Gnome text editor, …)? If command line, did you use sudo?18th March 2007 at 2:18 pm #9453
I have installed mt-daapd_0.2.4-1_i386.deb, then – sudo vi /etc/mt-daapd.conf , try to configure .conf
but cant edit the file18th March 2007 at 2:22 pm #9454
I have used commamd line editor18th March 2007 at 6:38 pm #9455CCRDudeParticipant
Well, sorry, but I have to ask again… “can’t edit the file” is so unclear…
* Does it give you an error message that tells you you can’t edit it?
* If so, what’s the exact words of the error message?
* Or did it complain only after editing, when trying to save the changes?
* In that case, what exactly did it say?
* Or don’t you know how to use vi? vi is a bit complicated, you can’t just starting to type ahead (press i to go into insert mode, do the changes, press escape to get back to command mode, type :w to save the changes, then :q to quit the editor), nano or pico may be easier to use editors.18th March 2007 at 9:55 pm #9456
I have done it ,with gedit text editor..Restarted server without errors.
- The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.